Discussion Board

Series 60 Emulator acting oddly

Sorry, premature post.

I am running JBuilder6, with the 6310 and Series 60 emulators installed. The 6310 emulator works fine, but when I swap to the series 60 emulator, it all falls over. Here's the command lines and the output that JBuilder generates:

D:\lang\Java\JBuilder6\J2mewtk\bin\emulator.exe -classpath "D:\Projects\JavaPhones\Nokia_S60_test\classes;" -Xdevice:Nokia_6310i_MIDP_SDK_Beta_0_1 -Xdescriptor:"D:\Projects\JavaPhones\Nokia_S60_test\jad\MIDlet1.jad"
    Emulator command: D:\lang\Java\JBuilder6\J2mewtk\wtklib\devices\Nokia_6310i_MIDP_SDK_Beta_0_1\bin\NokiaEmulator_Beta_0_1.exe -faceplate 6310i.faceplate -parent_port 2810 -classpath D:\lang\Java\JBuilder6\J2mewtk\wtklib\devices\Nokia_6310i_MIDP_SDK_Beta_0_1\lib\classes.zip;D:\Projects\JavaPhones\Nokia_S60_test\classes D:\Projects\JavaPhones\Nokia_S60_test\jad\MIDlet1.jad

Width: 96

Height: 54

D:\lang\Java\JBuilder6\J2mewtk\bin\emulator.exe -classpath "D:\Projects\JavaPhones\Nokia_S60_test\classes;" -Xdevice:Nokia_Series_60_MIDP_SDK_Beta_0_1 -Xdescriptor:"D:\Projects\JavaPhones\Nokia_S60_test\jad\MIDlet1.jad"
    Emulator command: D:\lang\Java\JBuilder6\J2mewtk\wtklib\devices\Nokia_Series_60_MIDP_SDK_Beta_0_1\bin\Epoc32\release\wins\udeb\kmidp_debug.exe -parent_port 2810 -classpath D:\lang\Java\JBuilder6\J2mewtk\wtklib\devices\Nokia_Series_60_MIDP_SDK_Beta_0_1\lib\j2me-debug.zip;D:\Projects\JavaPhones\Nokia_S60_test\classes -descriptor c:\tmp\midp\MIDlet1.jad MIDlet1

java.lang.RuntimeException: Class not found in runMIDlet: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: nokia_s60_test.MIDlet1
    at com.symbian.midp.compatibility.runtime.MIDletExecutor.runMIDlet(+143)
    at com.symbian.midp.compatibility.runtime.MIDletMain.runFirstMIDlet(+77)
    at com.symbian.midp.compatibility.runtime.MIDletMain.run(+346)
    at com.sun.midp.midlet.Main.main(+56)

Hope someone can help!

Cheers,
    Guy Davidson

RE: Series 60 Emulator acting oddly

Hi,

I encountered the same error with you. I am working in win2k prof, jbuilder6 and Nokia_Series_60_MIDP_SDK_Beta_0_1.

I got the same error

java.lang.RuntimeException: Class not found in runMIDlet: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: test.Test
    at com.symbian.midp.compatibility.runtime.MIDletExecutor.runMIDlet(+143)
    at com.symbian.midp.compatibility.runtime.MIDletMain.runFirstMIDlet(+77)
    at com.symbian.midp.compatibility.runtime.MIDletMain.run(+346)
    at com.sun.midp.midlet.Main.main(+56)

Did you find out the solution? If so, could you share with others as I know there are many developers who were unable to work with that s60 emulator with either jbuilder or j2mewtk.

Regards

gogo

It is all about the MANIFEST.MF, try clone it from a sample program, it takes me a few hours to found out.

Hi,

I package the classes in JBuilder6 to a jar file which includes the MANIFEST.mf file. However, the same error appeared.

Any idea?

Thanks for help

gogo