Discussion Board

VS .NET 2003, NDS 1.1and SDK

Hi,

I have VS .NET 2003 installed (English version) on Windows XP SP2 system. I installed Nokia Developer Suite 1.1 and Series 60 v1 FP 1 and Series 60 v2 FP 3 beta SDKs. My problem is:
    - I cannot compile my application with Series 60v2FP3 SDK. I got this error message:

* C:\Nokia\Tools\NDS_for_SymbianOS_VS\WINSCW\Symbian_Tools\Command_Line_Tools\mwccsym2.exe -c -g -sym codeview_new -wchar_t off -align 4 -warnings on -w nohidevirtual,nounusedexpr -msgstyle gcc -enum int -str pool -O0 -nostdinc -i- -d "__DLL__" -d "__S60_V28__" -d "S60_V28" -d "__S60_2ND_FP3__" -d "S60_2ND_FP3" -d "_UNICODE" -d "__SYMBIAN32__" -d "__WINSCW__" -d "WINSCW" -d "__WINS__" -d "WINS" -d "__CW32__" -d "_WINDLL" -i "c:\Symbian\Projects\Manager\inc" -i "c:\Symbian\Projects\Manager\inc\ui" -i "c:\Symbian\Projects\Manager\inc\mms" -i "c:\Symbian\Projects\Manager\inc\records" -i "c:\Symbian\Projects\Manager\inc\resource" -i "c:\Symbian\Projects\Manager\group" -i "C:\Symbian\8.1a\S60_2nd_FP3_B\\epoc32\include" .\src\Logger.cpp -o c:\Symbian\Projects\Manager\Deb_S60_23_WINSCW/"Logger.obj
    epocroot =
    * C:\Nokia\Tools\NDS_for_SymbianOS_VS\WINSCW\Symbian_Tools\Command_Line_Tools\mwccsym2.exe -c -g -sym codeview_new -wchar_t off -align 4 -warnings on -w nohidevirtual,nounusedexpr -msgstyle gcc -enum int -str pool -O0 -nostdinc -i- -d "__DLL__" -d "__S60_V28__" -d "S60_V28" -d "__S60_2ND_FP3__" -d "S60_2ND_FP3" -d "_UNICODE" -d "__SYMBIAN32__" -d "__WINSCW__" -d "WINSCW" -d "__WINS__" -d "WINS" -d "__CW32__" -d "_WINDLL" -i "c:\Symbian\Projects\Manager\inc" -i "c:\Symbian\Projects\Manager\inc\ui" -i "c:\Symbian\Projects\Manager\inc\mms" -i "c:\Symbian\Projects\Manager\inc\records" -i "c:\Symbian\Projects\Manager\inc\resource" -i "c:\Symbian\Projects\Manager\group" -i "C:\Symbian\8.1a\S60_2nd_FP3_B\\epoc32\include" .\src\ApplicationSettings.cpp -o c:\Symbian\Projects\Manager\Deb_S60_23_WINSCW/"ApplicationSettings.obj
    Manager : error PRJ0002 : error result returned from 'cl.exe'.

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Symbian\Projects\Manager\Deb_S60_23_WINSCW\BuildLog.htm"
    Manager - 1 error(s), 39 warning(s)

The same code compiled by SDK for Series 60 v1 FP 1 works. So what is wrong? Why can I use this SDK with my VS .NET 2003? I see that other persons have similiar problems but I can't find any solution.

br,
    Arek
    Last edited by zoomee; 2005-06-22 at 13:04.

Super Contributor
    Hi,

Unfortunately the VS error message PRJ0002 is very uninformative, it just indicates that there was a error reported by the "cl.exe", so the information provided does not really help a lot to resolve the error.

Was the file "Logger.obj" succesfully created? If that is the case, then basically compilation works and this would not seem to be a set-up problem but instead a parameter problem for "ApplicationSettings" file.

In that case, pls check that you have all the library etc. settings correctly set up for "ApplicationSettings". If the FP1 version does compile, you can compare the two to make sure they are set up in the same way.

You can also check the build log file, it might contain some more information.