Discussion Board

Thumbs down Does discussion board still alive?

I am wondering is this discussion board still working, I have seen there are many question staying with no reply for many days. disappointing!

Is this discussion board a kind of technical support from Nokia experts or merely a discussion board among developers?

Super Contributor
    Hi there,
    I'd say that it is mostly driven by developers in their free time. And it appears that people are more and more busy with other matters..:-)

You should be patient or lucky and you will get the right answers giving it a time..:-)

cheers
    Tomas

Yes

If it is not a kind of nokia official technical support. I should be patient and it is normal. But, if it is a kind of technical support from Nokia, they should be active for their job!!

Nokia Developer Expert
    and it always helps if the questions are offering enough information, so they can be easily answeered. For example, this is typical bad question:

"I'm sending an SMS and my application crashes, what to do ?"

So basically, the questions needs to have more detailed explanations of the problem, also it would be great if you could point out the excat line that crashes the app. Either in emulator, or by commenting lines out and running it in the phone.

Also, always include the error description showm, and remember to have a look into this: http://www.newlc.com/article.php3?id_article=150

also error codes are explained here already: http://www.newlc.com/article.php3?id_article=117

Also it is easier to get answers, if you only ask one question in each post, so in case you have three non-related questions, put them in three separate questions.

as a last point, since symbian have been around for some time, it is always advisable to search the forum (along with other forums) and use google, quite many problems have ready made solutions available already, so instead of posting a question, you could save quite much of time, by searching the solution by yourself.

yucca

Thanx for advice, Yucca.