Discussion Board

VC++ - Perl lib version conflict

Hello,

I have installed ActivePerl version 5.8.4. I also have Oracle 10g on my machine. It has a Perl subdirectory of its own although it is not in my PATH.

When I run the commandline command abld build wins udeb I receive the error

Perl lib version v5.6.1 does not match v5.8.4.

If I remove Active Perl and run the command I receive message Perl is not known command.

If I re-install Active Perl and then rename the Perl folder in the Oracle hierarchy to Perl_bak the command works.

It seems like Oracle has put the Perl lib version in the registry and the abld looks in the registry for Perl lib version. Just a guess.

Does anyone have insight as to how I might resolve this conflict (with Oracle and ActivePerl installed).

Thanks,
    RE

You can see path in commandline, maybe you'r ActivePerl is behind Perl in Oracle. And you'd better set environment seperately for each prog may being conflicted in commandline!

chrisauk0
    I have had no problems with 2 version of perl nor using the SDKs with perl 5.8.5.

I think that the problem appears when you try to use something like cmd /c script.pl which will use the windoze registry. This will then use the perl from the registry and the perl dlls from the path.