Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Not working on a 6260

Hi,

I succesfully installed Python on a Nokia 6260, and I've tried accessing the camera and the voice recorder but that crashes.

Anybody here that was successful in accessing the camera or the voice recorder on a 6260?

Cheers,
    Berco

Regular Contributor

Re: Not working on a 6260

Originally posted by bercobeute
    I succesfully installed Python on a Nokia 6260, and I've tried accessing the camera and the voice recorder but that crashes.
    What version did you install and how is the crash displayed (i.e. is there a Python exception or a panic note)? Can you post the snippet which crashes?

If there is a panic (i.e. "app. closed" or a similar note appearing) it would really help if you could provide the panic code, which will be displayed if you have an empty "ERRRD" file in location "C:\system\bootdata", see http://www.newlc.com/article.php3?id_article=150 for more information and a SIS file which contains the needed file. Thanks in advance if you report this code.

Regular Contributor
    If the s60/python camera library is based on cameraserver API (1st edition sdk), then it will not work on 6260, because it has support only for ECAM API, which was introduced in 2nd edition.

Seach "Camera 6260" for more info.

Regular Contributor
    Originally posted by simo.salminen
    If the s60/python camera library is based on cameraserver API (1st edition sdk), then it will not work on 6260, because it has support only for ECAM API, which was introduced in 2nd edition.
    Python "camera" extension is based on ECAM API, so this should not be a problem. The Camera Server API is not supported at all (meaning that "camera" will not work in 1st edition devices).

Super Contributor
    To the original poster: Please try this with 1.1.5 and post again in this thread if you still see the bug.

Regular Contributor
    Two more issues with 1.1.5:

1. The following way to show a preview works on the 6600 but not on the 6260 (the picture stays completely black):

Code:
    self.image = camera.take_photo(size = (160,120))
    canvas.blit(self.image,target=(8,12,168,132),scale=0)

2. Saving an image gives an error:
    Code:
    pic.save(self.imageFileName)
    ...produces the error:

"Line 90 in graphics.py <SNIP> SymbianErrror: [Errrno -12]"