Discussion Board

Question newbie questions

Hi all, so I'm new to the 9500 and am just trying to feel my way around with some experimental tests about how things work. I'm come across a seemingly simple thing - how does one see the System.out.print ln lines? On the emulator there is the .../logs/j9vm/XX_stdout.txt and XX_stderr.txt files but what about the actual 9500?

I have simple program that simply gets a couple of System properties (user.dir, and user.home) and prints them out - you know - just to find out where i am on the phone when I run an application, but I can't find where the output is!? Do you HAVE to make a window and output to that or is there a coonsole option that I'm missing?

Many thanks!

Cam

Sorry! should have RTFM where it says "The Series 80 Personal Profile SDK emulator stores the log files in the C:\Symbian\7.0s\S80_DP2_0_PP_SDK\epoc32\wins\c\logs\j9vm folder. By default, applications running in the Nokia 9500 Communicator device do not create logs. In order to get log files from the device, create the following folder in the device: C:\logs\j9vm"

... now just to create the folder on drive C(?) on the device!

Cheers

Cam

Ok, so all that worked. I get the user.home as being '.' and the user.dir as being "C:\System\Apps[101dbd7d]\"

Is there a way to look at the System directory as mentioned above?