Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Unhappy Automatically sending sms from web server to mobile through smsc server

Hi Everbody!

I am new to this sending sms through webservers. Actually I need to know whether we can send sms message from web server to a mobile number through an smsc server. Actually it goes like this, I should send messages to some mobile numbers everyday .This process should take place automatically.. ..everyday ie.,the webserver should pick up the mobile number and the sms messages which are in a database and then send the message to the smsc server and instruct the smsc server to send the message to the particular number. Is this possible ,is there any code to make this done ?
    if so please provide me with the codes and aslo please explain me how to proceed. Its a bit urgent issue. Thank you .

Kind Regards,
    Anthony.

Re: Automatically sending sms from web server to mobile through smsc server

Quote Originally Posted by anthonypeter
    Hi Everbody!

Is this possible ,is there any code to make this done ?
    if so please provide me with the codes and aslo please explain me how to proceed. Its a bit urgent issue. Thank you .

Kind Regards,
    Anthony.
    Hi Anthony, is this still active?
    In case yes, just let me know
    Regards
    Michal

Regular Contributor

Hi Michael,

It is still active.

Regards,
    Anthony.

Super Contributor

If you want to do this, you need to negotiate a contract with the owner/keeper of the SMSC's that you want to connect to. In other words, call up the local network operators and ask what kind of terms and programming interfaces they have for connecting to their SMSC directly.

Hi Anthony,
    thank you for your interest.

To be exact, my client was using the very same scenario, even extended as the marketing dept. wanted to have multiple accounts for "senders", also a sort of "mailing-lists" and to be able to receive (via the same, bi-directional, service) also SMS-messages that were sent as replies to those ones, that were dispatched via the service.

So the basic point is to understand what you search for.

You should clarify a few of the basic points:
    - what is your expected dialy volume of messages to be sent ?
    - would you require [or want to handle] bi-directional messaging service ?
    - what is your expected average traffic (messages per minute) ?
    - would you rather like to have an interactive UI
    just like some sort of a UI hosted on a WebServer
    or
    non-interactive batch-alike
    means of processing the message streams?

Finally,
    you should decide
    what are your contract preferences and/or expectations,
    - allow for a pre-paid service or not

Yes,
    there is an important point to have a contracted with a service-provider, however this need not be a local operator (any of MOLOs)

Please note that connecting directly to SMSC is much more complex than a service scope you have sketched so far.

One can also expect, that your local MOLOs would raise quite awfull conditions to let anyone connect directly to SMSC. At least locally we have quite hard time to prepare and negotiate a viable contract conditions with any of the MOLOs present and also TELCO operators with their own SMSCs. Not an easy walk...

So be optimistic and work with service-providers that have these troubles solved and have their mediating service up-&-running (also notify the ease of mediator based billing with pre-paid deposit e.t.c. rather than heavyweight TELCOs' billing steam engines they are trying to keep flawless and praying not to have any new service to have to implement a new per-use billing ... ;o) )

I can help you proceed
    the Python framework is up and works fine,
    please let me know those few details

Looking forward to hear from you Anthony soon
    Michal

Best regards

well
    I am currently developing similar project
    I need to program the web server to send out multiple sms to multiple users everyday.

Through my searching, I know that there are 2 methods to do so
    1) connect to a sms gateway
    2) connect a phone to the pc

I want to use the first method, but it is impossible for me to contact the service provider.

Is that I can make a virtu sms centre by myself?? Can anyone give me advice? Thanks

Hello Waisanyan,
    if the business logic is healthy behind your plan, yes, one can implement a "smsc-hosting" solution and streamline the service right to the SMSC.

One shall bear in mind, that this can move quite a remarkable amounts of cost$/revenue$, so the clearing & settlements services have to be rock-solid to keep all parties involved on the fair and agreed conditions.

If so, one can process almost unlimited amounts of messages, bi-directionally (not the relatively low achievable limit of SMS-push/pull service once being implemented on the Mobile Terminal Unit (phone))

I was using a "hosted" smsc approach (can work as a PoC)

Best regards
    for your project

Michal

Hi Michal
    Thanks for replying me
    However, I have been spending few days searching information but i can't find any resources about how to set it up
    Could you please give me some advice?

Hi Michal,
    I will be very happy if you can provide me with some guidance with regards to setting up an smsc hosting service. I am sure I can handle the technical aspect of it in regards to integration with the smsc keepers if I see the api and protocols. However, I don't have knowledge in the area of negotiating with the owners/keepers of the smsc. I don't have their contacts etc.

Please send me an email at rmsuser4@gmail.com so we can discuss.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michal Sourek View Post
    Hi Anthony,
    thank you for your interest.

To be exact, my client was using the very same scenario, even extended as the marketing dept. wanted to have multiple accounts for "senders", also a sort of "mailing-lists" and to be able to receive (via the same, bi-directional, service) also SMS-messages that were sent as replies to those ones, that were dispatched via the service.

So the basic point is to understand what you search for.

You should clarify a few of the basic points:
    - what is your expected dialy volume of messages to be sent ?
    - would you require [or want to handle] bi-directional messaging service ?
    - what is your expected average traffic (messages per minute) ?
    - would you rather like to have an interactive UI
    just like some sort of a UI hosted on a WebServer
    or
    non-interactive batch-alike
    means of processing the message streams?

Finally,
    you should decide
    what are your contract preferences and/or expectations,
    - allow for a pre-paid service or not

Yes,
    there is an important point to have a contracted with a service-provider, however this need not be a local operator (any of MOLOs)

Please note that connecting directly to SMSC is much more complex than a service scope you have sketched so far.

One can also expect, that your local MOLOs would raise quite awfull conditions to let anyone connect directly to SMSC. At least locally we have quite hard time to prepare and negotiate a viable contract conditions with any of the MOLOs present and also TELCO operators with their own SMSCs. Not an easy walk...

So be optimistic and work with service-providers that have these troubles solved and have their mediating service up-&-running (also notify the ease of mediator based billing with pre-paid deposit e.t.c. rather than heavyweight TELCOs' billing steam engines they are trying to keep flawless and praying not to have any new service to have to implement a new per-use billing ... ;o) )

I can help you proceed
    the Python framework is up and works fine,
    please let me know those few details

Looking forward to hear from you Anthony soon
    Michal

Best regards