Discussion Board

Series 80 Soft Buttons

Does anyone know how to control the assignment of the 4 soft buttons on the Series 80 devices (9300 and 9500) ?

It appears as though in List displays the soft buttons are all assigned automatically based on Command priority, but on Form's I am only able to assign the 4th button using a Command.CANCEL type. I cannot assign the first 3 buttons on a Form display.

Thanks.

I believe I have narrowed the problem down further.

The 3 first soft button commands do not appear on Forms which contain a ChoiceGroup in them. If the Form does not contain a ChoiceGroup the first 3 soft buttons work normally.

I have the same problem. It seems, that the ChoiceGroup item overwrites the commands and they are not recovered. The commands are still available by pushing the Menu-button, but it would be nice to have those also in the soft buttons.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Re: Series 80 Soft Buttons

I have also found the same problem if you add a DateField to a Form, has anyone found the way to control these buttons?

Regular Contributor

not sure if this exactly applies to your problem, but,

i once had this problem with a ListBox and was able to get around itt by passing in CEikListBox::ENoCBAButtonOverride to the listbox::constructl function...

Regular Contributor

sorry, i just realized that this is the java forum, and not c++

Regular Contributor

afaik, you cannot *control* the mapping of soft buttons. It is device dependent.

If it is that important, you can use a FullScreen and *paint* the buttons on and use listeners to react to it.

Cheers.