Discussion Board

Emulator not working

I've installed VS.NET (fresh, not upgrade), and upon compiling the project it asks for an executable to emulate on, so I direct it to use \Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v21\Epoc32\release\wins\udeb\epoc.exe

After finishing the compile it loads the emulator, but the emulator does not load the program at all???

I've installed the developer tools and all but it still doesn't seem to work

Edit: I think the problem is that it's not compiling in the first place due to errors, namely PRJ0003, has anyone else had this problem?
    Last edited by Alon-Aus; 2005-06-28 at 11:39.

Super Contributor
    Hi,

You have not really supplied enough information to be able to answer. To be able to help, it would be useful to know if you are using NDS for Symbian OS or just the basic SDK functionality?

Originally posted by mitts
    Hi,

You have not really supplied enough information to be able to answer. To be able to help, it would be useful to know if you are using NDS for Symbian OS or just the basic SDK functionality?
    I have installed NDS for Symbian 1.1 and Series 60 2nd Edition SDK, Supporting feature pack 2, for C++

I removed my old sdk (which seems to be for Symbian v7.0 and am now using v8.0a, the problem is that the file doesn't compile, so the emulator is run but it obviously doesn't access the program since it isn't compiled (it's just the basic program using the application wizard with no modifications).

In the output window (for VS.NET) it just gets to the point of "compiling..." then spits out the error "Symbian2 : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'cl.exe'"

This has been bothering me for a few days now, I really appreciate the help.

Super Contributor
    Hi,

If you are using NDS, it seems that you have encountered the problem with the compiler/linker path being lost by VS after NDS installation. For a fix, pls refer to the "Troubleshooting" section of the NDS online help or see this post:

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...threadid=60837

Hope this helps.

You legend, it's finally working!!!!

Thankyou so much, very much appreciated.