Discussion Board

transfer to SIS file(Making stand alone applications )

I have few python code which can be run on Python for Series 60, but i prefer to make these programs as application which have icon on the top menu of the phone. Is it possible,,how can i do it? Anybody know it,,,thanks.......
    Last edited by llapplecn; 2005-06-29 at 01:00.

Making stand alone applications

Take a look at Chapter 12 of the "Programming with Python" pdf distributed with the SDK. It describes how to make stand-alone applications using the py2sis application.

Also, elsewhere in this forum are some topics on how to use your own icon etc. etc.

transfer to SIS file

I have read the document and searched all the related topics for it, however, I can't find the exact answer.
    Question 1: I can't find py2sis. A lot of people have the same problem, but no answer for it.
    Question 2: the command "py2sis mysript.py c:\mysis.sis" is the statement in the py file or the command line in DOS, or....
    Any idea? Thanks a lot
    Last edited by llapplecn; 2005-06-29 at 01:00.

Regular Contributor

Re: transfer to SIS file

Originally posted by llapplecn
    Question 1: I can't find py2sis. A lot of people have the same problem, but no answer for it.
    Question 2: the command "py2sis mysript.py c:\mysis.sis" is the statement in the py file or the command line in DOS, or....
    1) The command line tool comes with the SDK installer. "py2sis" is not currently included in the pre-alphas so you have to download the original 1.0 release ("PythonForSeries60_SDK_x_x.zip").

2) Like said, "py2sis" is a command line tool, check Chapter 12 again in the "Programming Guide". Search with keyword "py2sis" in this forum should reveal more information also.

no py2sis tool

I have installed "PythonforSeries60_x.x.zip", but i can not find py2sis tools either.In the Nokia folder, there are only doc and unistall folder.

Regular Contributor

Re: no py2sis tool

Originally posted by llapplecn
    I have installed "PythonforSeries60_x.x.zip", but i can not find py2sis tools either.In the Nokia folder, there are only doc and unistall folder.
    Check this thread:

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...t=%2Apy2sis%2A

py2sis tool

Thanks a lot,,it works now.
    Last edited by llapplecn; 2005-06-29 at 21:44.