Discussion Board

keybord quiet after running script

Often, after I run a script in python, the keyboard become quiet: to go back and have key tone, I have to restart the phone. To change mode doesn't go back with keyboard tones.
    The phone is a Nokia 6600 with firmware 4.09.1 and it happens with script and very oftetn with exe (py2exe to generate it).
    I didn't use any trick to change something in settings, I just use the UI with databases (my -anydbm- or contacts).
    Do have anyone the some problem?

Pietro
    Last edited by pimol; 2005-06-29 at 12:07.

Super Contributor

Re: keybord quiet after running script

Originally posted by pimol
    Often, after I run a script in python, the keyboard become quiet: to go back and have key tone, I have to restart the phone. To change mode doesn't go back with keyboard tones.
    The phone is a Nokia 6600 with firmware 4.09.1 and it happens with script and very oftetn with exe (py2exe to generate it).
    I didn't use any trick to change something in settings, I just use the UI with databases (my -anydbm- or contacts).
    Do have anyone the some problem?

Pietro
    Couldn't replicate this at least on a 6630. Do others see this?

Re: Re: keybord quiet after running script

Originally posted by jplauril
    Couldn't replicate this at least on a 6630. Do others see this?
    I think I find the end of the skein: I'm using uid=0x10000000 as identifier when I run py2exe (I'm new to python and all script was made for learning, with the same uid).
    I was trying to understand which the problem was using a short 'test' script, but it grows and grows until was the same of one of my defective script, and it works perfecty... the only difference was the uid. I change uid to my scripts and with ID=0x10000001 the defect disappears.

Pietro

PS: I realized in this moment I was not so clear: script kill the keybord buzzer only when run as stand-alone application (made with py2exe)