Discussion Board

Question Create project with TARGETTYPE = "dll" or "lib".

+ With DLL:

- How can we generate .def file? I can see a lot of chaos this like :
    ?NewLC@CMessenger@@SAPAV1@AAVCConsoleBase@@ABVTDesC16@@@Z @ 1 NONAME ; public: static class CMessenger * __cdecl CMessenger::NewLC(class CConsoleBase &,class TDesC16 const &)
    ?ShowMessage@CMessenger@@QAEXXZ @ 2 NONAME ; public: void __thiscall CMessenger::ShowMessage(void)

Could you tell me what is this?

+ With LIB: I recieve this when build for debug (use s80 SDK)

\Symbian\7.0s\S80_DP2_0_SDK\EPOC32\RELEASE\WINS\UDEB\openfix.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x7b8

with release is ok! Anyone please tell me why?

chrisauk0
    The target type should be set to DLL. As this is a DLL you should FREEZE the exports.

To do this you will need to add a def file to the MMP (if you don't have one) and then after the abld build do an abld freeze.

Abld freeze will create a def file? If not, how can we create it? (how can we know the chaos string!)

chrisauk0
    Yes, abld freeze should freeze the exports, which basically means that a def file is craeted that contains the order of the exports. (The order can change depending on the compiler, but usually with GCC 2.8 this is abased on the the order in which files are compiled/linked. Some compilers and linkers reorder symbols in a DLL based on size or other reasons)

Check out http://www.cs.tut.fi/~mobo/Symbianv6...DLL.guide.html
    as this seems to cover the topic quite nicely.

Thanks for your hlep!