Discussion Board

PushRegistry and Network Access Simultaneously with 6630

Hello,

I have deployed a signed midlet at my Nokia 6630 with permissions for http and pushRegistry. But in the application manager at the suite settings, I can only select for either network access or auto start application "always allow". As soon as I select for autostart "always allow" the network access switches toto "ask first time" and can't be changed any longer. If I set autostart to "ask first time", network access can be switched to "always allow". So I have tested the application and either I have to confirm to autostart the app or to connect to the network. But I want no questioning...
    Has anybody a solution?

Bye the way my firmware version is V2.39.15 11-11-04 RM-1. Do I need to update the firmware?

Thanks,
    Heli

I have exactly the same problem with the same firmware!

Any help would be very much appreciated!
    Thanks for your help in advance

Regular Contributor

Re: PushRegistry and Network Access Simultaneously with 6630

Has anyone solved this??? I am having the same issue with the 3220.

Dear John,
    I read in the forum that you have succeeded in siging a midlet. I tried it but I didn't reach thing as all my trials are friutless. So would mind telling me a detailed steps how to sign a midlet?

If you have a yahoo ID so it will be to make discussion via messnger: abeer_s20032002@yahoo.com
    Thanks alot

Hello,

as far as I got the info from a nokia guy, the midlet has to be signed by the Java Verified process to get permission to do the 2 things at the same time.
    Just haven't this tested yet, but I am working on it. Has anyone experiences with the Java Verified process?

Bye
    Heli

Regular Contributor

I have experimented with the auto-launch "Always Allow" setting on two Series 40 phones. It appears that auto-start "Always Allow" gives the MIDlet the capability to set a Push Registry alarm without a user prompt. But the user is still prompted to start the app when the alarm "goes off". Will Java Verified allow the app to launch without a user prompt?

I don't think it will change the current behavior of your series 40 phone, because you already have the permission for allways allow autostart. But the behaviour of the 40 series is in a way better than on the 60 series in that way the application also autostarts after power off and on, which doesn't work on the 60 series. There you have to restart the application to get the autostart feature of the midlet again.

Further info about java verified can be found at http://www.javaverified.com
    There is also at "Contact Us" a support email from nokia where I got the info from which I mentioned earlier.

Hi!
    Does anyone solved this? Any new answers?
    I have the same problem with the 6230 and 6021.

I post my current problem here.

maybe there are new answers?

Hi, guys,

Please search for the article "The Recommended Security Policy for GSM/UMTS Compliant Devices" issued by Sun Microsystems, Inc.

This is the relative paragraph.

"Similarly, the Blanket setting for Application Auto Invocation and the Blanket setting for Net Access are mutually exclusive. This constraint is to prevent an application from auto-invoking itself, then accessing a chargeable network without the user being aware."

But on my N7610, both the two settings can be set to "always allowed" at one time. I guess S60 has a different securty policy implementation with S40.

Regards.