Discussion Board

Help !! can not download application on 6610i via infrared

Hello,
    I am using nokia PC suite 6.1.008 with infrared connectivity on my WindowsXP machine.
    I AM able to do file transfers to the 'gallery' directory on my 6610i phone.
    I am NOT able to install any java application. The PC suite's application installer does not recognise the application jar file on my PC. I have tried a lot of jar files (all MIDP1.0, CLDC1.0) but none of them is recognised by the PC suite as a valid 6610i application.

If I try a direct file transfer from the OS (without using PC suite) I get an 'error occured' "The data is invalid"

What could be going wrong??
    Please help.
    CBang

Super Contributor
    Hi CBang!! Welcome to Nokia Discussion Boards!!

Me too had some problem while trying to transfer .JAR file to my 6610i from my PC using IR.
    So what I suggest you is to transfer it by using a data cable (DKU-5) and PC suite.Its working fine for me.I suppose using datacable is much easy!!

regards
    Gopal

Thanks Gopal,
    The sad part is, I will have to BUY that cable as it doesn't ship with the phone. It is frustrating to see the infrared working perfectly fine for all photos, etc but not for app (jar) files.
    I have one more pointer, may be the PC suite version I am using is not compatible with my 6610i, I will try the latest 6.5 version before I spend on the DKU5 cable.
    CBang

Super Contributor
    Yeah! Its better you shall give a try with new PC suite! Me too have not tried with new PC suite. and please send in your results!

regards
    Gopal

It worked!

Hi Gopal,
    Installing the latest PC suite solved the problem. Now I can download any application to my 6610i using infrared.
    Thanks,
    CBang