Discussion Board

Problem with NOKAI UI API+ARGB+S60

Hi
    I did search the forum for infos about bug with drawing alpha on s60 generally.
    I did found just some info that
    none of the ALPHA think works via DirectGraphics on nokia 3650.
    So this is true?
    I'm intrested in DirectGraphics.setARGBColor(int) and then filling shapes with g.fillArc or g.fillRect?
    Is this is a problem on all s60 midp1.0 devices or maybe even all s60 devices including MIDP1.0 and MIDP2.0 devices?
    If this is not general problem where i can find info about known issues of NOKIA UI API for all devices, especially s60?

Super Contributor
    I can confirm that all the MIDP 1.0 S60 devices have that problem: no intermediate alpha values with DirectGraphics. I haven't tested on MIDP 2.0 phones but I'm pretty sure DirectGraphics has the same problems. The known issues documents mention that you should use the MIDP 2.0 method (Graphics.drawRGB) instead of the Nokia UI methods.

shmoove

Thanks for answer.
    I need this stuff to have more complex shapes with alpha.
    Second problem is that i need good efficiency of alpha and rotating.
    I don't know why is that, but for ex. flipping possibility with MIDP2.0 on 6600(soft unknown) via g.drawRegion is 2 or 3 time slower than the same via old NOKIA UI API.
    And known issues document say that this should be used instead of NOKIA UI. So i'm still disagree about using MIDP2.0 on nokias if i don't have to