Discussion Board

Series60 full screen (again)

I'm having problems using the full screen on some Series60 devices (e.g. NGage and 3650).
    I am extending the Nokia FullCanvas. I am aware that getHeight incorrectly returns 144. However, when I do:
    graphics.drawImage(img, 0,0,0);
    and the image is 162 x 162 pixels then the image is clipped on the screen at 144 pixels in height...
    Is there anything else I need to do to open up the full screen? Do I need to explicitly call
    graphics.setClip(0, 0, 176, 208); in the paint method? (At the moment I don't call setClip at all). Does the phone by default set its own clip to the wrong size?
    Any help much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Simon

well, to answer my own question:
    If you're using any of these broken Series60 devices then yes, call

graphics.setClip(0, 0, 176, 208);

in your paint method. This will give you access to the whole screen. Not only is the getHeight method broken (well documented), but the phone by default clips to the wrong height (not well documented). Calling setClip explicitly with a hardcoded height corrects this.

A bug as serious as this on the NGage, which was ostensibly a cross phone/gaming device, should have involved a product recall. At the very least Nokia could have documented the bug and workaround details on the devices page in the forum nokia website. Not just the getHeight but also the setClip necessicity. Very poor. And where are the Nokia people reading to and responding to these forums?