Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Help, I have 2 questions

I have 2 questions.
    Is it possible to notify a programme on the computer when receiving a short-messag? I want to have a programme running on my computer waitting for short-messages and auto reply it. Can python do this? I think I should have 2 apps, one runs on the phone, another runs on the computer.

Another question is, when I use Chinese words in python string, error will occur. Is there any approachs to settle this?

If it possible to get some signal in python for incoming messages and calls.. you could do an app wich talks to your computer via BT and shows messages on the monitor.. incoming message from: bla bla
    incoming call from: bla bla... wery good if you have headphones on you the whole day..

Yes, my mobile phone is beside my computer the whole day except weekend. This is why I raise this question.

eichin has requested what you want in the wish list thread.. hope they fix it in a future release...

Regular Contributor
    message hooking isn't implemented, so it isn't possible. but that might be possible using bluetooth AT commands. I'm not sure, so don't ask me for details, you can find somewhere on the internet.

chinese characters - I dont know, I am not chinese but I've got a little similar problem, I would like to display japanese characters (I dont't have japanese firmware). But that is little offtopic

Originally posted by harp73
    eichin has requested what you want in the wish list thread.. hope they fix it in a future release...
    Thank you. I'll turn to the wishlist.

Regular Contributor
    In miso module, it provide a notification for file changes. You may try using that to notify when a new message arrieves.