Discussion Board

data via Pop Port?

There must be some way how to control Pop Port data pins, at least the Nokia external flash, "PD-2" has to be controlled somehow. Does anyone know.... how?
    Tried RComm and RDebug, but no success
    thanks for any idea

Re: data via Pop Port?

Have you solved the problem yet?

Angry Re: data via Pop Port?

I haven't actually, it seems no one knows how to do it. Now I use infrared port instead.

Nokia Developer Expert

Question Re: data via Pop Port?

What is a 'Pop Port'?

Nokia Developer Champion

"Pop-Port" is the type of headset/USB (accessory) cable connector (port) in many Nokia phone models (e.g., in the 6630, N70, 9500 and others).

Nokia Developer Expert

The pop-port works depending on how it is connected. You use a virtual comm port over USB when connected to a PC. If you look in registry on windows you will see Virtual COM ports appear when the USB cable is plugged in in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\\SERIALCOMM This how the PC Connectivity 'talks' with the phone. When the phone acts as a modem it operates the same way... These ports are unavailable for own communication as they are used by PC suite.

Hi all,

Does anyone know some mobile phone model (Nokia or other) which supports own communication via cable?

I need a way to control my own hardware by cell phone. All I need is a some kind of signal (which wakes up my own hardware, 8051 compatible processor) when doing some things in my Java software. If it can't be done in J2ME, how about Symbian?

I have also considered connect my own software to Nokia 5140 flashlight led if it would be possible to control the led somehow...
    If anyone have some ideas to solve my problem I would be very thankfull!

- Sami