Discussion Board

Question two quetions-appuifw.Icon and socket

1. icon1 = appuifw.Icon(u"z:\\system\\data\\avkon.mbm", 28, 29)
    What is the meaning of two numbers?If the first one is the number of order, what is the meaning of the second number?
    2. How can I use the sockets locally? Some one suggest me to use sockets comunicate two applications. one app creates tcp/udp socket on some port, and the second creates client socket and connects to the server. and the data are flowing . How can I achive this? Any suggest and examples?

Re: two quetions-appuifw.Icon and socket

What is the meaning of two numbers?If the first one is the number of order, what is the meaning of the second number?
    Second number means.. index to mask bitmap.

From API doc...
    filename is a Unicode file name and must include the whole path. Note that MBM is the only file format supported. bitmap and bitmapMask are integers that represent the index of the icon and icon mask inside that file respectively.

Regular Contributor

Re: two quetions-appuifw.Icon and socket

Originally posted by llapplecn
    2. How can I use the sockets locally? Some one suggest me to use sockets comunicate two applications. one app creates tcp/udp socket on some port, and the second creates client socket and connects to the server. and the data are flowing . How can I achive this? Any suggest and examples?
    ad 2) in windows and linux local sockets are possible, so I suppose that is also possible in symbian ...