Discussion Board

Video property MMAPI

I would like to create an image with N6630. It works OK. Where can I find the supportem image formats? I tried jpeg and jpg but I got exception. I haven't found any document that would describe the MMAPI properties of the phone.

The answer was in the API doc. Available formats can be queried from System.getProperty with video.snapshot.encodings as the key. However it would be nice to have these attribute in the phone spec doc.

NOT SUPPORTED

Hi, Non of the specified media types are supported except the default. Always I get media exception. Could you tell me what are the really supported types? I try to get pictures. I tried to set while creating the player and also during the getSnapshot. NO SUCCESS? Any help would be wellcome.

Hi
    I'm having a similar problem. I'm trying to capture an image on the 6680, but the app only throws MediaException with symbian os error -5 when I'm trying to create the player with "capture://video". Purhaps I need to use another argument for the createPlayer()..?

I'cant find any helpful documents on this problem from Nokia. The latest document conserning mmapi are written january 2003...

The videoControl.getSnapshot(null) returns a png (160*120) as default, but I've not been able to get so far yet..

Regards
    Håvard

Regular Contributor

Re: Video property MMAPI

Strange, I am able to take up to 17 jpeg snapshots but then everything stops functioning. Any idea what is wrong? (no exceptions or OutOfMemoryError occurs)