Discussion Board

Exclamation URGENT: File upload problem on Nokia 6680

Hi, I'm accessing a JSP page which has a function for uploading files. That pages works perfectly fine when I use a PC to access it and upload files. However, when I access it using a Nokia 6680, I can browser for the file to upload and I don't get any errors but the files isn't uploaded onto the server in the end. I'm using the enctype="multipart/form-data" way to upload files.

Can anyone enlighten me on this problem? Is it because the format of the form is different from that of a PC browser?

Super Contributor
    I don't think the built-in browser supports file upload at all.

You could try Opera or Access' NetFront to see if they're any better in this respect.

Thanks for your reply. I'm quite sure it supports file upload. I remember coming across its browser specifications which says it has HTTP file upload capabilities.

If it didn't, then I would not be even able to choose a file to upload. The 6680 allowed me to choose a file to upload but somehow it just wasn't sent.

I just tried it on a Sony Ericsson P900 and it had the same issue. I could browse for the file to upload but the server didn't receive it. When I closed the internet connection, it displayed that less than 10kb was sent which is wrong because the file I selected to upload was 32kb. Hence the conclusion is that the phone did not send the file at all and that got me wondering what's wrong with the code. I'm using the <form> method and enctype="multipart/form-data".

Urgh... Help !!!!

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,70878,00.html

It's stated under Browsing:
    File upload over HTTP using standard HTML forms

:S

Re: URGENT: File upload problem on Nokia 6680

hi eugeneleck,
    i'm trying to upload a file to a server too, using a HTTP Post.
    i can make a post but the file does not get saved on the server. I believe it may need to have content-type 'multipart/form-data' instead of the */* i was using.

I was wondering how you went about using the multipart/form-data with its boundary. Any pointers would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Dermot