Discussion Board

Emulator screen gone... Help needed

Hi,

I had been developing some series 60 applications on he emulator (wins udeb) for sometime, as well as compiling the application into armi urel format and IR the sis file into a testing nokia 6600.

I do not know what I had changed, but currently I am unable to run the emulator. Instead of the blue phone emulator, the wins udeb emulator is now a black landscape box with the words series 60 in the middle. There is no keypad, no screen display.

Everytime i run any of my wins udeb applications, i believe they are running, just that the emulator is not showing the correct blue handphone emulator.

Like to know which file is actually the one that controls the emulator layout. I had tried changing almost every file, but the emulator is still gone.

The wins urel emulator however is fine.

Appreciate greatl if you can help me. This hiccup cause is causing dela in my development schedule.

Thanks.

Jerem

Re: Emulator screen gone... Help needed

I've got the same problem at Series 9200 emulator.

I've looked at Filemon. The problem is here:
    15:13:22 EPOC.EXE:1852 IRP_MJ_CREATE C:\Symbian\6.0\NokiaCPP\Epoc32\Data\9210Small.bmpµ FILE NOT FOUND Attributes: Any Options: Open

Тhe real file is 9210Small.bmp but it looks for 9210Small.bmpµ. So i've renamed the file to 9210Small.bmpµ and now it works!
    Last edited by Hexxx; 2006-03-17 at 13:17.

Hi,

I have not solved the problem yet. Please let me know if you had solved it.

I had tried to uninstall the entire series 60 component, and reinstalling them, but still i see the blanked out emulator. I can run the emulator in release mode, but not in debug mode. I need to be in debug mode in order to continue with the development.

In the end I compiled my program to .sis before IR transferring it to a 6600 for testing. The process is slow and frustrating, but I got no choice.

Please let me know if anybody is able to solved it.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Jerem

These files are in charge:
    \Series60_v21\Epoc32\data\epoc.ini
    \Series60_v21\Epoc32\data\console.ini
    \Series60_v21\Epoc32\data\promiscuous.ini

deleted the post
    Last edited by Hexxx; 2006-03-22 at 14:42.