Discussion Board

My app makes the phone reboot ?!

Hello all,

I have made an application whose primary goal is to make two BT phones detect each other when they are within range and display a message. On the WTK22 emulator all was working perfectly (as usual). But today I tried to make it work on two phones (Nokia 6230 and Nokia 6230i), and a really strange problem occured. When the client tries to connect to the server, the client reboot. The phone goes off then on, but doesn't ask for the PIN code. Would you please give me a piece of advice on where to search the cause of this behavior ? I was thinking of a memory leak, but java doesn't permit memory leaks (thanks to the garbage collector) and if the heap was full, I would receive an alert message or something like that, and my app would close, but that's all. Here it reboots the phone. Surprisingly, it can't be reproduced every time, sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn't. Is there a problem with the Nokia 6230 ? I am using a few threads, could it be the cause of this problem ? Any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks in advance !

Thibault

Regular Contributor
    I'am not sure but check if the Nokia 6230 has the newest Software. May be this will work. To get the Firmware version type:
    *#0000#

Yes, I will try to see that. Thank you for your comment !