Discussion Board

RE: Format for synchronising Nokia 6210 with Outlook 2000

Could work for you too.
    The best way seems to use Outlook to get a contact list appropriate for Sync:save your contct file just in case in a backup; use the export function for exemple in excel format for your contacts file; then use the import function towards a Nokia specific contact file, and select the set of appropriate field mapping, for exemple first name in front of names and name in front of fist name; import; you can even select only the fields you are interested in and the synchronize in your phone from this Nokia file (selection of the file may be done in the Outlook set from the Sync properties window, when lauching the sync. At least it works with 6310 and Outlook 2000. Hope it will solve your problem.

Well, myself I have found a similar patent. First I export my contacts to an Excel file(named regular Outlook contacts). I re-export contacts in a second Excel file (named Nokia sync contacts). In this second file, I completely change the order (Last name, First name). This is done by transffering all the columns under the opposite heading (do not just change the headings). Then I completely delete my Outlook contacts, import new "changed" contacts from the "Nokia" Excel sheet where I previously have made the changes, and synchronize the phone with Outlook. It only takes the same procedure but with the original Excel sheet, to restore Outlook back to how it used to be.

Format for synchronising Nokia 6210 with Outlook 2000

I'd like my phone to display synchronised names taken from Outlook Contacts in the format "Surname, Firstname". The default state seems to be "Firstname Surname" which makes searching tedious when you know a lot of people with the same first name, while most have different surnames. Any ideas gratefully received.

I have the same problem, do your still have a solution?
    regards,
    henry

Hello friend,
    I am desperate with the same problem,
    I wonder if you manage to find an answer and i would kindly, like to ask you to post to me the solution if you have it already.
    My email is theoan@hotmail.com
    Thank you very much in advance, I will appreciate it a lot...

It looks like radio-silence on this topic.
    (there are several similar questions in this forum)

Any comments from Nokia support?

Luc