Discussion Board

porting problem with nds 3.0

hi,
    i just started using the nokia development suit 3.0 for j2me. i made an app. and wanted it on my phone. so i installed PC suite 6.5.i have a bluetooth dongle having protocol stack of Bluesoleil(which is not compatible with the PC suite). thus i'm not able to pair my device. PLS suggest me what to do if i want to port the app. on the phone.

can i use the same bluetooth dongle with some other companies protocol stack?

Super Contributor
    Hi,

Please connect the BT dongle to your PC and search for other BTdevices(with out using PC suite) or else try searching devices with ur mob. if ur PC is listed in ur mobile you have to pair the device and then right click on the desired jar file and click Send To option and select BT devices.I suppose now you could send the Jar file to the device ; It will come to ur device as a message; and then open the message and then install it..

Hope this helps...

regards
    Gopal

thnx for ur reply,
    but i'm tranferring the jar files by this method itself.And also it works only for Series60 phones.
    i want to know how to port the JAR JAD files on s60 and s40 phones using the NDS3.0 and PC suite 6.5 as i mentioned they support 4 to5 BT protocol stacks only.

and Also can i use a bluetooth dongle of some other company with protocol stack of some other company