Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Series 60 Theme Studio v2.0

Can anyone please give me a hint on how to install the themes on my nokia 6680, made with theme studio v2.0????
    ive made some themes, then when i try to install the .SIS file in my phone it says i need the "series 60 scalable skin support". i know this is some kind of new feature for the new OS. but is there any update or way i can fix this????
    thanks for your help!!
    PS: i will gladly send my theme by email to everyne thet replys!!!

Super Contributor
    As the 6680 is a "Series 60 2nd Edition, Feature Pack 2" (= Series 60 version 2.6) phone, for it you should use the Series 60 Theme Studio 1.2, instead.

The Series 60 Theme Studio 2.0 is for "Series 60 2nd Edition, Feature Pack 3" (= Series 60 version 2.8) phones and later. The first such phones are the N90 and N70, which I don't think are for sale yet, even.

:)

Thanks, i was afraid of that!!! but ok...

Re: Series 60 Theme Studio v2.0

unable to download Nokia 7710 Theme Studio ,there is a problem.

Super Contributor

What kind of a problem? What happens when you try? At least I'm able to download it from http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,034-861,00.html without any problems (I just tried).

I was wondering if you got ant help I have got the same problem please if you have can you let me know awie@kcc.co.za

Hi there.
    ok the conclussion i´ve got is like this...
    There are 2 versions of software, the Theme.Studio.Series.60.v1.2.zip and Theme.Studio.Series.60.v2.0.zip. And what happens is that only the v1.2 themes work on 6680, because of the symbian system.
    So if u want to make themes use the v1.2 or they dont work.besides that i didnt had other problems, i can install themes from any 6600.

series 60 scalable skin support

anyone please give me a hint on how to install the themes on my nokia 6600,then when i try to install the .SIS file in my phone it says i need the "series 60 scalable skin support". there any update or way i can fix this????
    thanks for your help!!

Super Contributor

Hello!

Is that theme suitable for that device? I mean that there has been changes, which example petrib mentioned in this thread.

-tum-

hello, i want to install this theme http://www.lillium.it/category/symbi...-themes/page/2 silver surface on my 6680 (latest firmware by nokia installed).

after click on install into the phone, i become the message "unnable to install series60 scalable skins support required"

what's this??? how can i update my phone with this application, where can i download this?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by berndel13; 2008-05-31 at 01:39.

Regular Contributor

The themes on Lillium's site are meant for Series 60 2nd Edition Feature Pack 3 and Series 60 3d Edition phones.
    Your 6680 is an older one (Series 60 2nd Edition Feature Pack 2), so it doesn't support those themes. (See the second question in Lillium's FAQ, too.) I'm sorry to say that it's not possible to upgrade your phone appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Pharao View Post

The themes on Lillium's site are meant for Series 60 2nd Edition Feature Pack 3 and Series 60 3d Edition phones.
    Your 6680 is an older one (Series 60 2nd Edition Feature Pack 2), so it doesn't support those themes. (See the second question in Lillium's FAQ, too.) I'm sorry to say that it's not possible to upgrade your phone appropriately.
    thx, but 1 question, are you a private person or a worker by nokia?

Regular Contributor

I'm a private person.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Pharao View Post

I'm a private person.
    and why are you so sure about this?

Regular Contributor

Knowledge of the S60 web documentation. It's just that an OS or Feature Pack is nothing to be upgradeable as firmware is. Of course, I make mistakes, too, and I'm thankful if someone corrects me, but in your case, I'm 99% sure, sorry again.