Discussion Board

Serial Number for Developer Suite 3.0

Hello All,

Has anybody run into a problem getting hold of a serial number for the Developer's Suite 3.0.

After twenty days I have been asked for the serial number and offered two ways of obtaining the required serial number - neither of which works.

First method is to try to register online using the registration wizard - this fails to invoke my browser.

Second method is to pick up the prodcut key indicated by the wizard and use it at

www.forum.nokia.com/GetSerialNumber

Unfortunately the key is not recognised (cut and paste used here).

Anybody have any clues about this?

Regards,
    Chris

What is your default browser? The registration wizard tries to launch the default browser.

Also watchout, the browser window maybe opening up behind some other window.

-Vishu
    Last edited by vishu; 2005-07-18 at 19:50.

Hello Vishu,

My default browser id IE 6.02. It defintely does not launch. I get an error message from the registration wizard to that effect.

The error jsut says that it cannot launch the default browser without saying why. I have no problem with the browser form any other link or application.

I also do not understand why the product key is not recognised on the Nokia offline registration page - that is really strange.

regards,
    Chris

Solved

OK, I have solved it. Installed another browser, set it as default and hey presto I have a serial number.