Discussion Board

Thread: USB conectivity

USB conectivity

Hi,
    any soulution (cable) for connecting Nokia phone and notebook which has USB only. No IRDA as well.Even it has IRDA it is unusefull with W2k guess.

RE: USB conectivity

Hi,

there are lots of USB-IrDA-Adapters (about 40,00 Euro); I do not see any reason why they should not work with W2k.

Good luck

Sepp

W2K had a general problem mapping viritual infrared communications ports. In most cases it seems like installation does not include the ircomm.sys and ircomm.inf drivers. Check my answeres to the following post for more info.

PC Connectivity Problem: 8910, PC Suite 4.52, Laptop w/ WinXP & USB IrDA.

As mentioned there are serveral USB to RS232 converters, just make sure you get one that makes a COM on USB or Serial on USB port in devicemanager\ports COM & LPT.

W2K had a general problem mapping viritual infrared communications ports. In most cases it seems like installation does not include the ircomm.sys and ircomm.inf drivers. Check my answeres to the following post for more info.

PC Connectivity Problem: 8910, PC Suite 4.52, Laptop w/ WinXP & USB IrDA.

As mentioned there are serveral USB to RS232 converters, just make sure you get one that makes a COM on USB or Serial on USB port in devicemanager\ports COM & LPT.