Discussion Board

Unhappy epocrc_ide7 what is it?????

I got error when compiling helloworldplus example using Visual Studio .Net IDE. I invoked command " makmake helloworldplus vc7 " everything fine then open the project when IDE and then compile....

I got this

Building resources from Helloworldplus_caption.rss
    perl -S epocrc_ide7.pl -I "\SYMBIAN\8.0A\S60_2ND_FP2\SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDPLUS\DATA" -I "\SYMBIAN\8.0A\S60_2ND_FP2\SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDPLUS\INC" -I- -I "\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\EPOC32\INCLUDE" -DLANGUAGE_SC -u "\SYMBIAN\8.0A\S60_2ND_FP2\SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDPLUS\DATA\Helloworldplus_caption.rss" -o"\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\EPOC32\RELEASE\WINS\UDEB\Z\SYSTEM\APPS\HELLOWORLDPLUS\HELLOWORLDPLUS_CAPTION.rSC" -h"\SYMBIAN\8.0A\S60_2ND_FP2\SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDPLUS\DATA\HELLOWORLDPLUS_CAPTION.rs~" -t"\Symbian\8.0a\S60_2nd_FP2\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\8.0A\S60_2ND_FP2\SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDPLUS\GROUP\HELLOWORLDPLUS\WINS\UDEB"
    Can't find epocrc_ide7.pl on PATH.

The make couldn't find epocrc_ide7.pl. I search all the epoc package directory for the file that doesn't appear.
    What is the file epocrc_ide7.pl?
    Where could I found it?

I use Symbian C++ 2nd Edition SDK Feature Pack 2.

Please help me!

i got it.

the file epocrc_ide7.pl is under the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\tools which must be include to PATH environment variable of windows.

i accidential modify the PATH variable then when i compile symbian program using visual studio, it failed. i put back the folder to PATH. everything fine now.

goodluck

tongbiscom