Discussion Board

Question Where is the application icon in the emulator?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi;

I am very new with the Symbian. I installed the Symbian 7.0 sdk, C++ Builder X and active perl 5.8 to my computer. Then I imported the existing project ( hello world basic example in the sdk ) to the ide. I built it and then ran the project. Epoc emulator is opened and menu is shown. But I could not find the helloworld basic project icon in the menu. ??? So I could not open the application, clicking the icon of the application. Because the icon is not there.

This is my problem. Where is the application icon in the emulator?

Regular Contributor
    Sounds like there's something wrong with your setup.

Try building from the command line:

go to the hello world project folder - group or wherever the bld.inf is.

bldmake bldfiles
    abld build wins udeb

then check

\epoc32\release\wins\udeb\z\system\apps\helloworld\*

for

helloworld.app
    helloworld.aif
    helloworld.rsc
    :
    :

Thank you for the reply. bldmake bldfiles command is successfull, but I think the abld build wins ud
    eb command gave some errors. The output is the below. Then Where is the problem you think? Because I did not change any settings.

C:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\group>bldmake bldfiles

C:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\Series60Ex\helloworldbasic\group>abld build wins ud
    eb

make -r -f "\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\7.0S\SERIES60_V20
    \SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDBASIC\GROUP\EXPORT.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    Nothing to do
    \SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDBASIC\GROUP\WINS.make" MAKEFILE VERBOSE=-s
    perl -S makmake.pl -D \SYMBIAN\7.0S\SERIES60_V20\SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDBASIC\GROU
    P\HELLOWORLDBASIC WINS
    'LINK.EXE' iç ya da dış komut, çalıştırılabilir
    program ya da toplu iş dosyası olarak tanınmıyor.
    ERROR: failed to find version information for LINK.EXE
    make: *** [MAKEFILEHELLOWORLDBASIC] Error 1
    \SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDBASIC\GROUP\WINS.make" LIBRARY VERBOSE=-s
    nmake -nologo -x - -s -f "\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\7.0S\
    SERIES60_V20\SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDBASIC\GROUP\HELLOWORLDBASIC\WINS\HELLOWORLDBAS
    IC.WINS" LIBRARY
    process_begin: CreateProcess((null), nmake -nologo -x - -s -f \Symbian\7.0s\Seri
    es60_v20\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\7.0S\SERIES60_V20\SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDBASIC\GROUP
    \HELLOWORLDBASIC\WINS\HELLOWORLDBASIC.WINS LIBRARY, ...) failed.
    make (e=2): Sistem belirtilen dosyay² bulam²yor.
    make: *** [LIBRARYHELLOWORLDBASIC] Error 2
    \SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDBASIC\GROUP\WINS.make" RESOURCE CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    SERIES60_V20\SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDBASIC\GROUP\HELLOWORLDBASIC\WINS\HELLOWORLDBAS
    IC.WINS" RESOURCEUDEB
    process_begin: CreateProcess((null), nmake -nologo -x - -s -f \Symbian\7.0s\Seri
    es60_v20\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\7.0S\SERIES60_V20\SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDBASIC\GROUP
    \HELLOWORLDBASIC\WINS\HELLOWORLDBASIC.WINS RESOURCEUDEB, ...) failed.
    make: *** [RESOURCEHELLOWORLDBASIC] Error 2
    \SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDBASIC\GROUP\WINS.make" TARGET CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    IC.WINS" UDEB
    \HELLOWORLDBASIC\WINS\HELLOWORLDBASIC.WINS UDEB, ...) failed.
    make: *** [TARGETHELLOWORLDBASIC] Error 2
    \SERIES60EX\HELLOWORLDBASIC\GROUP\WINS.make" FINAL CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s

Regular Contributor
    Hi

Looks like its finding the wrong linker in the build process. Are you sure you have set up your environment correctly? It may be finding the wrong linker in your system path...

Hi;

Yes you are right. Link.exe error is occurred. But I do not know why C++builderX gives "build succeeded" message after making project.

First I setup the C++ builderX, then Symbian 7.0 sdk. I made the symbian sdk configuration in the C++ builderX. Then I setup the active perl 5.8. Then I began. Here is my environment setuping. Is there any wrong?