Discussion Board

OMA and DRM help!

hi there,

wondering if you could help with a few questions:

1) what happens if a MP3 encoded in OMA2 is sent to a OMA1 only compatible phone?

2) is there a list of all phones anywhere that support OMA 1 or 2? even if its a Nokia list that would be really helpful.

3) what is the main difference between forward lock and OMA 1?

4) in terms of cost how much would it cost to develope a MP3 which requested a activation code once it had been played 3 times? how would the phone do this? wap or text? what is easier?

5) If we are DRM locking content, do we have to notify anyone such as OMA that we are doing this?

thanks for your help

Re: OMA and DRM help!

Hi, Im working on the same problem, and also one more: a list of the amount of "OMA1 compliant memory" available on mobiles. we look at this because we will start selling full track songs on our straight to mobile music services, and then we have to use oma1. the problem is, many phones can only handle oma1 drm on core memory, so its bound to be some user problems.

Regadring oma1, it comes in three slightly different setups: 1) forward lock, the simplest. 2) combined key delivery and 3) separate key delivery. but they are all oma1

Best regards / Lars ostlund, lars.ostlund@phonehits.com

hey,

no one will answer my questions and i posted them a year ago! do yourself a favour and try and find a better forum, this one is AWFUL!

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by muggzy
    hey,

no one will answer my questions and i posted them a year ago! do yourself a favour and try and find a better forum, this one is AWFUL!
    We have made a lot of changes in Forum Nokia in the past year and even more in the Discussion Boards area. However I do not have Forum Experts for all areas and this is one of those that is entirely up to peer help. Please understand that Forum Nokia Discussion boards is designed for peer help it is not part of technical support nor meant to replace technical support.

The only option for areas where there is no peer help is to buy an incident report with Forum Nokia Pro technical support area.

Ron

Its the amount of questions that go unanswered that should be a major concern.

This is'nt the only area i have made posts in and got no replies. Even if a Nokia Expert posted a message saying 'sorry we do not have a expert in this area please try xxxxxxx' that would be more help than none at all.

Check the forums, you'll notice the same response to posts which is

''Hi i also have this problem/need help with this question''

something needs to be done to make the forums an asset, not a unanswered wasteground for messages from people trying to create things for nokias

Super Contributor

I could accept "unanswered wasteground", if all or even the majority of things went unanswered, but I don't see that being the case here.

Personally, if I know the answer - or just think I do -, and notice the question, I try to reply. However, if I don't know it, I won't do lengthy research and investigation to come up with one (unless it is a topic that happens to be relevant or for of sufficiently great interest for other reasons for me, too).

selective vision i see! if you check most posts, the replies arent answers , they are people that have the same problem posting and requesting help as well.

Its just annoying thats all. lets leave it now.