Discussion Board

Angry Removing sim services menu (6230)

Hi all

Ive done a search on here and on the web, but cant find an answer to my question, hence hoping someone here will know (seeing as my local Nokia service centre had never heard of the menu option and didnt have a clue?!!?!?)

I recently put my friends vodafone sim in my O2 6230 (unlocked) and since then I have had a new menu on my phone "sim services". It does nothing, and just goes back to the normal screen (out of the menu) when you select it.

From reading here there and everywhere, this menu option should only be shown, if your sim supports it, ie a pay as you go sim. My sim certainly doesnt support it (O2 contract) but this menu option still shows.

How can I get rid of it?

A reset of the phone doesnt work, removing the sim and re-inserting doesnt work, and the only person Ive found to of had the problem and fix it, used a sim card from a canadian service provider?!!??!

The only suggestion as to why it shows when using my sim is that the pay as you go sims have a setting to say "enable sim services menu" and my O2 sim as it doesnt use this menu, is neither set to on or off, and hence will not remove the menu.

Please help
    (apologies for the long read, but Im just trying to put all the info in, to save repeated info)

Any Nokia people out there with an answer to what should be such an easy fix...........?