Discussion Board

Difference between RConnection::Start and ::Attach?

What is the difference between RConnection::Start and RConnection::Attach? If there already is a GPRS connection I use Attach to connect to the existing connection, but then I tried calling Start and that worked also. Why would you ever need to call Attach?

One RConnection variable can have only one connection. How can I determine is the RConnection variable already connected? If I call Start (or Attach) second time to the RConnection variable, I get KErrAlreadyExists. This wouldn't be a problem except that the connection is terminated with this error.

Anybody know what subconnections are? When I open a connection with RConnection and the go through active connections, I get one connection and that connection has one subconnection. What is that subconnection? Can there be more than one subconnection?

If you can help me out with any of these questions, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Re: Difference between RConnection::Start and ::Attach?

Hi! I have same questions! Exactly same please, help me!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Difference between RConnection::Start and ::Attach?

I do not know what sub-connections are, but RConnection::Attach is documented pretty well in nowadays SDK Helps (I do not know what was the status in 2005). Think of IPC context if you have doubts.