Discussion Board

Question J2ME: Problem in Nokia Solution for a software problem

The following issue was in a document by nokia on its forum site, (document's name: Developer Platform 2.0: Known Issues)

Problem# 2.15.4 Display.setCurrent(Alert alert, Displayable nextDisplayable) method

Description: The method public void setCurrent(Alert alert, Displayable nextDisplayable) requests an Alert to be shown; after the Alert is dismissed, nextDisplayable is shown. Currently, this works incorrectly. The title of nextDisplayable is shown on the screen, but otherwise the display contents are not updated. After this, no display changes are possible.

Solution: First, set the Displayable A, then set the Alert B (by using the setCurrent() method). Then add the CommandListener to the Alert. When the Alert is dismissed, you get the event. You can then change the Displayable in the Listener. Another option is to use thread and its Sleep() method and the Displayable.setCurrent() method to change the displayable, when the Alert is dismissed. This issue has been corrected in software version 4.09.1.

I had this problem, and I solved it a follows in terms of code:

//the code that displays the alert
    private void displayAlert(Alert alert, String message,Form NewForm)
    {
    alert.setString(message);
    alert.setCommandListener(this);
    if(NewForm!=null)
    {
    AlertForm = NewForm;
    display.setCurrent(alert);
    }
    }

//the code that displays the form after the alert is dismissed
    public void alertCommandAction(Command c, Displayable d)
    {
    if(c==((Alert)d).DISMISS_COMMAND)
    display.setCurrent(AlertForm);
    }

However the problem stated above remained the same, only the title of the New Form appeared.....it didn't appeared in total.....I wanted to know if I implemented the solution correctly in terms of java code.....any help on this??

Re: J2ME: Problem in Nokia Solution for a software problem

6600 know issues document. There u can get the solution but it is not working in 6600.

Super Contributor

Hi mte01,
    I suppose the workaround you have done is correct to my knowledge.Do you have any problems to the workaround you have done.But one thing r u setting the display to the displayable that was shown before the alert or to another new display.

Thanks
    Soku

i am looking for my nokia n72 problem's solution ... its turns off automatically can some one give me nokia solution of this problem

Quote Originally Posted by K.B View Post
    i am looking for my nokia n72 problem's solution ... its turns off automatically can some one give me nokia solution of this problem
    Welcome to the Forum NOKIA's Developer Discussion Board.
    This is not the DIBO where end user related query's are discussed.

So.,It's better you can post in below link.
    You can post your query here : http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/