I would like some help if I may with basic data synch between Nokia 6680 and a host platform:
Inbound SMS Cycle:
1) User sends SMS to dedicated number. Initially one Nokia 6680.
2) Midlet run`ning on 6680 detects incoming SMS. Reads it and places in file system on 6680 with name based on date/time stamp CCYYMMDD_HHMMSS_nn. txt. For example if inbound directory is /PAL/SMS/Inbound the new file might be /PAL/SMS/Inbound/20050811_161503_01.txt. Only plain text SMS messages are accepted. Content of each .txt file is sending number followed by message e.g.
Hello to Prospero Associate Limited
The midlet to do that has already been written.
3) When new file created on 6680 it is mirrored (replicated or moved - don’t mind) to comparable directory on host system. The file content does not need to be transformed in any way - it can be moved/replicated verbatim.
Is there a piece of software that does this automatically (no human intervention). Protocol may be IP-based e.g. HTTP or FTP. However if this requires 6680 to make OTA call, there is extra expense. Would prefer the option to switch to transfer via USB. Prefer not to use wireless local connections like bluetooth for security reasons.
Outbound SMS Cycle:
1) Host system periodically (every 5 seconds) looks at the inbound SMS directory. Reads the content of the .txt file and passes that to application.
2) Host system prepares response SMS message also with name based on date/time stamp CCYYMMDD_HHMMSS_nn. txt. For example if outbound directory is /PAL/SMS/Outbound the new file might be /PAL/SMS/Outbound/20050811_161705_23.txt. This will also be plain text SMS message with content as number to send to followed by message e.g.
Hello from Prospero Associate Limited
3) When new file created on host it is mirrored (replicated or moved - don’t mind) to comparable directory on 6680.
Same issues apply as for inbound SMS. Use an IP protocol ?. Can do over USB ?.
4) Midlet running on 6680 periodically (every 5 seconds) looks for new files in outbound directory /PAL/SMS/Outbound. Opens each one, extracts number and message to send. Sends SMS message.
The midlet to do this has already been written.
This entire process is completely automated.
The host system can be a Windows 2000 server if needs be, rather a Linux system. Would prefer Linux, but we can bridge 6680<->Windows<->Linux if needs be.
Question: Who can sell me basic data synch software as described above ?