Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

py2sis updated as well with 1.1.6?

My app runs fine (on a 6600) as a script, but when I convert it to a .sis file using the version of py2sis that comes with 1.1.4 (or so) the app crashes whenever I navigate into a submenu. I can navigate up and down in a menu and do all sorts of things, but I can't go into a submenu. That crashes the app.

Is it because I'm using an older version if py2sis?
    If so, where can I find the new version?

Regular Contributor

Re: py2sis updated as well with 1.1.6?

Originally posted by bercobeute
    My app runs fine (on a 6600) as a script, but when I convert it to a .sis file using the version of py2sis that comes with 1.1.4 (or so) the app crashes whenever I navigate into a submenu. I can navigate up and down in a menu and do all sorts of things, but I can't go into a submenu. That crashes the app.

Is it because I'm using an older version if py2sis?
    If so, where can I find the new version?
    Like you correctly suspect, the templates used by "py2sis" were updated in release 1.1.5 - update your "py2sis" from the latest release 1.1.6. The reason for the update was the added support for submenus. This unfortunately caused the break in compatibility between the templates.

Tip: one thing you might try to get more detailed error messages would be to follow this link http://www.newlc.com/article.php3?id...echerche=errrd and to add the empty file described.
    You would probably receive "CONE 14" panic during the program exit which is also mentioned previously in this forum.

Regular Contributor
    OK, thanks, got it working now. The description how to update the templates was a little vague so I updated that in the original post.

Thanks!