Discussion Board

Java Servlet error with Nokia WAP Server Simulator

Hi,

I'm new with using the Nokia WAP Server Simulator. I'm trying to run a java servlet that previously ran perfectly with the jsdk server outputting html information. I reformatted the servlet to output wml and would like to run it on the Nokia WAP Server (based on Nokia Activ Server 2.0). I've created a wml file that uses a push function to get the wml outputted from the servlet. When I run the Nokia Mobile Internet Tookit, instead of calling the java servlet it creates some wmlc file and gives me the error message: "Cannot load http://toolkit/C:/WAP+Simulator/WapServer/wap_root/demoTest.wmlc#demo (HTTP Error 405)" where the name of the servlet is demo and its class file is located in the designated path folder above.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Also, is there some configuration protocol I can refer to on setting up java servlets correctly so that I can run them using the Nokia WAP Server?

Thank You,
    Sapna

RE: Java Servlet error with Nokia WAP Server Simulator

Hi Sapna,

Just ensuring that have you set the content type to "text/vnd.wap.wml" in your servlet code? If you do not, try that one -- otherwise the content type is set to HTML as you described.

Just let us know if you got this working or not.

Best Regards,

Samuli / Forum Nokia