Discussion Board

ARM and THUMB compilation errors and warnings

Hello,

Is there any document available, which gives comprehensive list of standard Errors and Warnings, generated while device compilation?

If you are familiar with BREW, a .pdf is made available by Qualcomm with all the possible errors and warnings displayed during ARM compilation. Similarly, is there any available from Symbian?

Thanks

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: ARM and THUMB compilation errors and warnings

Hi,

I have never seen that kind of document. Every error seems to be unique in arm environment :-)

Regular Contributor

in series 60 sdk help u'll find "system panics" reasons for errors and warning...

Hi,

If I'm correct, panics are one kind of exceptions thrown by the APIs, which can even be generated in wins builds, right?

Whereas ARM compilation might give lots of errors and warnings, which are not given in windows compilarion. I was thinking if some doc. is available for quick ref., b'coz when you are novice to the environment, it really becomes difficult to resolve device compilation issues. Few you've to explore in SDK help, few at forums, isn't it? But forum is indeed a great help. Thanx to the initiators and forum members :-)

In BREW, this is really good that they have made available one such doc., which you can quickly refer for all possible issues and their resolution.