Discussion Board

Nokia Card Phone 2.0 Software Version

I currently own a Nokia Card Phone 2.0, when I use the following AT commands, it show SW4.31. Does this mean I am having the software version 4.31 in my car phone? May I know is this upgradable? I tried to search for this information, but have no luck yet. I wish someone could show me some pointers.

List of AT commands and it's response;

ati0
    Nokia Mobile Phones

OK
    ati1

OK
    ati2
    SW4.31

OK
    ati3
    Nokia Card Phone RPM-1 GSM900/1800

OK
    ati4
    OK
    ati5
    OK
    ati6
    OK
    ati7
    OK
    ati8
    OK
    ati9
    OK

Best Regards
    Kai-Loon Kok

RE: Nokia Card Phone 2.0 Software Version

Hi,
    The sw4.31 is the software version on your Nokia Card itself (thus it is actually more appropriate to call it FirmWare).
    It is possible to have your firmware upgraded, but it is only possible for your dealer to do this. In Denmark the charge for such an upgrade is approx. EUR/USD 30,00.
    The current version number is 6.11. Upgrading your card to this version require that you use the latest Nokia communication SW on your PC (2.10.076). This SW can be downloaded from this site.

Whether you need to upgrade depends on how good your card is performing and whtch operating system you are running. If you use W95/98/NT4.0 you will propably get a good increase in performance (just ALWAYS install SP6a on NT4.0)
    On W2K or XP, the 4.31 should run ok, as long as your software is v2.10.070.

Best regards,
    Michael Wennerberg