Discussion Board

Question I want to Change mobile interface

Hi everybody,

I want to create a program to change mobile interface by using my own languages (Khmer). So is there anyone know or already successfull on this problem? Please help me or give me some advices to do that.
    Thanks in advance

Best regards,
    Sochanitc

Super Contributor

Re: I want to Change mobile interface

It would depend on the phone.

Unfortunately, on most Nokia phones it is not really possible for a user to add a new language by himself/herself.

Usually it is done at a Nokia service/repair center where they put (flash) a phone software (firmware) version which includes the language you wish. However, the phone software may not have been localized to all different language combinations (a firmware package includes typically 2-5 different languages), or it may not have been done for all phone models.

For some phones there are examples where companies (or at least Psiloc, http://www.psiloc.com) have created "add-on" localizations (at least Arabic, Greek, Hebrew; http://www.psiloc.com/index.html?action=sai&ida=276).

Nokia Developer Moderator

AFAIK there is no original Kmer support for any Symbian device, anyway, you could define your own font and own FEP to allow Kmer input as well as viewing Kmer language texts with all application.

For FEP, you could downlaod the FEP example and add Kmer chanracter handling into it, and for fonts, you propably need to do some searching with google.

yucca

Smile Re: I want to Change mobile interface

Dear,

Thanks so much for you both that gave me the important information concerning to developing in Symbian, I am a new tender in Symbian and I know very little about the Symbian. But I do want to develop my own language(Khmer) to be usable in mobile phone.

I thank again for your help, please give me other informations concerning to the developing in mobile phone or concerning to Symbian. I know you all are expert in the mobile technology and have worked with it a long time.

Best regards,
    Sochanitc

Hello Nokia!

I suggest that you should embed Khmer Language User Interface to Nokia phone by default.

We are Cambodians almost use Nokia product.

Best regards,

Rithy