Discussion Board

allmul, allshl, allshr, alldiv

When porting a rather large application to the Nokia 7650, the compiler spits out, beside several _chkstk that I know, these other errors. I was unable to find any further clarification. The _chkstk is actually reported before all the other. Also, what's the purpose of the EPOCSTACKSIZE directive? Can be used to increase the limits of automatic variables creation?
    Thanks a lot.

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hope this answer is of use for someone, as the original question was asked a long time ago. I just came across this problem and found no answer anywhere.

It is apparently only a WINS problem. Of some reason in some cases the compiler emit calls to these functions (__chkstk, __allmul etc.) and these functions are not defined in any Symbian libraries.

A workaround is to add the following to your .mmp-file.

START
    WIN32_LIBRARY msvcrt.lib
    END

Note that this may lead to other problems, at least, if you use the Symbian posix library. Namely, the linker may pick symbols from the Windows library and not from a Symbian library, which obviously will lead to problems.

A workaround for that is to take the statically linked Windows library (libcmt.lib), extract the relevant objects (build\intel\mt_obj\[chkstk.obj|lldiv.obj|llmul.obj|llrem.obj|llshl.obj|llshr.obj] from the library, and link a custom library containing only the relevant symbols.

Regular Contributor

same problem

I have the following errors:

Code:
       Creating library \Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\MYPROJ\SEMADLL\GROUP\SEMADLL\WINS\UDEB\SEMACODELIB.lib and object \Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\MYPROJ\SEMADLL\GROUP\SEMADLL\WINS\UDEB\SEMACODELIB.exp
    ECC200DECODER.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __allshr referenced in function "void __cdecl evaluatefitline2(class simplevector<struct Point> *,int,int,double,double,double,double,double *,double *,double *,double *,int,int,int)" (?evaluatefitline2@@YAXPAV?$simplevector@UPoint@@@@HHNNNNPAN111HHH@Z)
    L1LINEFIT.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __allshr
    ECC200DECODER.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __allmul referenced in function "void __cdecl evaluatefitline2(class simplevector<struct Point> *,int,int,double,double,double,double,double *,double *,double *,double *,int,int,int)" (?evaluatefitline2@@YAXPAV?$simplevector@UPoint@@@@HHNNNNPAN111HHH@Z)
    L1LINEFIT.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __allmul
    ECC200DECODER.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __allshl referenced in function "void __cdecl evaluatefitline2(class simplevector<struct Point> *,int,int,double,double,double,double,double *,double *,double *,double *,int,int,int)" (?evaluatefitline2@@YAXPAV?$simplevector@UPoint@@@@HHNNNNPAN111HHH@Z)
    L1LINEFIT.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __allshl
    L1LINEFIT.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __alldiv referenced in function "__int64 __cdecl int64median(__int64 *,int)" (?int64median@@YA_JPA_JH@Z)
    \Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\MYPROJ\SEMADLL\GROUP\SEMADLL\WINS\UDEB\SEMACODELIB.DLL : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x460'
    Stop.
    I can't understand what you are doing to fix it. Is there any other way, like can I change my code?

simon

_chkstk

#define _PAGESIZE_ 0x1000

#if !defined (__MARM__)
    void __declspec(naked) _chkstk(void)
    {
    _asm
    {
    push ecx
    cmp eax,_PAGESIZE_
    lea ecx,[esp] + 8
    jb short lastpage