Discussion Board

Server Socket Problem on Nokia 6680: acceptAndOpen does not work

Hi,

I'm developing j2me application on Nokia 6630 (firmware v 3.45.113 04-01-05) and on Nokia 6680 (versione firmware v2.04.15 04-03-05).

I'm trying to develop a J2ME application that uses Socket and SocketServer in TCP.

I have downloaded the following code example :
    MIDP 2.0: Introduction to Using Sockets and Datagrams v1.0
    from
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...1_0_1.zip.html

I have used TCPMidlet as Socketclient, and TCPEChoServerMidlet as ServerSocket.
    Well, no problem using Nokia 6630.The two Midlets work perfectly.
    Instead on Nokia 6680 TCPEChoServerMidlet does not run properly.

Debugging TCPEChoServerMidlet I note that the instruction code:

ServerSocketConnection serverSocketConnection = (ServerSocketConnection) Connector.open("socket://:1234");

open correctly the ServerSocket on 1234 port, but the instruction:

SocketConnection socketConnection = (SocketConnection) serverSocketConnection.acceptAndOpen();

doesn't work properly because, even if the client connection on port 1234 is made correctly, the server remains blocked on "acceptAndOpen" and don't create the SocketConnection object.

Using a protocol sniffer, i have verified the TCP handshake is set up correctly but when the client starts actual data sending to the server on the phone, the server stops responding with any packets, and TCP retrasmissions come in place.

If anyone has find any solution or could provide me with any hint to solve or further debug the problem... I'm completely clueless at the moment.
    Thanks
    Sky

Re: Server Socket Problem on Nokia 6680: acceptAndOpen does not work

HI,

Sorry i dont have any solution regarding ur problem.
    But i am also facing same kind of problem in J2me bluetooth file transfer application.in my application mobile is server and desktop is client.

my program also stops working after acceptAndOpen method i have tested this on nokia. and client side any exception not thrown by JVM.

if u get any info then pls reply

Thanks in advance..

For the bluetooth problem, check the bluetooth example on the developer page. This worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by opistara View Post
    Hi,

I'm developing j2me application on Nokia 6630 (firmware v 3.45.113 04-01-05) and on Nokia 6680 (versione firmware v2.04.15 04-03-05).

I'm trying to develop a J2ME application that uses Socket and SocketServer in TCP.

I have downloaded the following code example :
    MIDP 2.0: Introduction to Using Sockets and Datagrams v1.0
    from
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...1_0_1.zip.html

I have used TCPMidlet as Socketclient, and TCPEChoServerMidlet as ServerSocket.
    Well, no problem using Nokia 6630.The two Midlets work perfectly.
    Instead on Nokia 6680 TCPEChoServerMidlet does not run properly.

Debugging TCPEChoServerMidlet I note that the instruction code:

ServerSocketConnection serverSocketConnection = (ServerSocketConnection) Connector.open("socket://:1234");

open correctly the ServerSocket on 1234 port, but the instruction:

SocketConnection socketConnection = (SocketConnection) serverSocketConnection.acceptAndOpen();

doesn't work properly because, even if the client connection on port 1234 is made correctly, the server remains blocked on "acceptAndOpen" and don't create the SocketConnection object.

Using a protocol sniffer, i have verified the TCP handshake is set up correctly but when the client starts actual data sending to the server on the phone, the server stops responding with any packets, and TCP retrasmissions come in place.

If anyone has find any solution or could provide me with any hint to solve or further debug the problem... I'm completely clueless at the moment.
    Thanks
    Sky
    Hi,

I wonder if you found a solution, as I encountered exactly the same problem on 6680.
    Using both methods - TCP socket and UDP datagram: it works on the emulator - client connection manage to reach the mobile server running on emulator, but on the real 6680 mobile the acceptAndOpen() on TCP method and receive() on UDP method is stayed blocked.
    Is it possible that the service provider blocks the connection?

Thanks