Discussion Board

Exclamation Signing problem with 6630 and jad file

Hi,all:

I'm signing a midlet for 6630, after signing the jad file, I got two new attributes named: MIDlet-Certificate-1-1 and MIDlet-Jar-RSA-SHA1. According to Nokia signing doc, there are three new attributes , the missing one is MIDlet-Certificate-1-2. When I installed this "signed" midlet , the mobile reported :"Installation security error.Unable to install" and aborted.

I'm wondering that if the missing attribute indicated the failure of the signing, and how to add it.Could anyone tell me the reason?

For any kind-hearted person's info, I have two cert in my keystore file, the first one is for our company, its issuer is "VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2004 CA", the second one's CN is "VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2004 CA", and its issuer is "Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority" , and in my 6630, Cert Management, there is a root cert named "Verisign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority". It looks very possible to me that the missing of a cert data caused failure of signing.

Please comment,thanks in advance!

Re: Signing problem with 6630 and jad file

Hi,

I think you should ask for VRSN_Code_Signing_Intermediate_CA from Verisign and then import it into the beginning of your certificate file. Then you should be able to sign your midlet successfully.

Br, Ilpo

Thanky you berni4

However,we've tried to add the entry,but still got same error message.

Any other hints?

Super Contributor

Hi,

Me too had similar problems last week while testing signing the app in 6630.

Please follow these links, Hope this would be of some use!

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...hlight=signing
    http://www.spindriftpages.net/pebble...275880301.html

regards
    Gopal

Quote Originally Posted by balagopalks
    Hi,

Me too had similar problems last week while testing signing the app in 6630.

Please follow these links, Hope this would be of some use!

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...hlight=signing
    http://www.spindriftpages.net/pebble...275880301.html

regards
    Gopal
    thank you, balagopalks!
    but all these two articles are talking about self-sigining midlet, but I don't think it should work in real machine.
    Would anyone else comment on this matter?

Quote Originally Posted by panwoo
    thank you, balagopalks!
    but all these two articles are talking about self-sigining midlet, but I don't think it should work in real machine.
    Would anyone else comment on this matter?
    What does you jad look like now?

br, Ilpo

Hai ALL

I used the wtk toolkit for signing my application using verisign .
    The procedure i used are follows

1)Need to import the key pair that has been created while requesting for the certificate with verisign.This file extension ,we used was .keystore
    2)After importing it will ask for a name,an option for the midlet like trusted untrusted etc and the passsword.
    3)Then import the certificate you got from the verisign this has got an extension .cert
    4)Sign the midlet suite.here too it will ask for a passowrd befor signing.

I hope this will work ,coz the same above procedure was working fine for my application
    Thanks
    JInesh

Hi

I had the very same issue (only MIDlet-Certificate-1-1 being generated, but not MIDlet-Certificate-1-2) and it appears to be a problem of JadTool, probably a bug. So I signed my MIDlet using Nokia Developer Suite and copied the MIDlet-Certificate-1-1 and MIDlet-Certificate-1-2 entries.

These are constant anyway and do not need to be generated each time. So I'm pasting them into the JAD using an Ant script. The signature I still generate on each build using JadTool. Works like a charm.

silvano