Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Urgent help needed with include paths !!!

Recently I switched to subversion and some of my projects don't compile anymore for the THUMB target. I get an error message from thumb-epoc-pe-gcc.exe about invalid arguments. I realy need to fix this problem otherwise I'm not able to contine developing.

The problems seem to be the .svn directories which are added by subversion. These driectories are included in the search path for header files as well and the commandline seems to be too long. The problem is the same with CW Personal 2.8.1 and 3.1

Is there a way to disable an automatic search of subdirectories of includes directories?

Can anybody give me a hint how CodeWarrior creates the commands for the gcc compiler. Maybe I can go through the scripts and firther track down the problem.

Best Regards,
    Bernd

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Urgent help needed with include paths !!!

See.
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=62005
    (Disable recursive search paths)

If you continue having problems you might want to describe how you are generating your CW projects (e.g. do you check in the .mcp file or just regenerate the .mcp file each time after checkout?)

Tim

Regular Contributor

Re: Urgent help needed with include paths !!!

Thanks. Disabling the recursive search did the trick. I have been looking at this very dialog for a way to disable it, but never suspected that the icon in the second column was responsible.

I was able to track down the problem to the point that the number of command line parameters passed to the gcc was the problem. I replaced the gcc.exe with a simple program which just printes the received parameters and there were only 100 parameters passed. Each access path eats up 2 parameters (-I path) and with the recursion t is not hard to reach this limit.

Bernd