Discussion Board

central repository

I am having trouble figuring out how to create a repository in the central repository. According to the symbian 9.1 documentation, CRepository::NewL() "Creates a CRepository object for accessing a repository. If there is no such repository, the function leaves with KErrNotFound."

This is indeed what happens to me now, I try to call NewL and I get KErrNotFound. So, if my repository does not exist how do I create it? The documentation does not seem to cover that...

Thanks very much!

Rich

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: central repository

Quote Originally Posted by rpodraza
    I am having trouble figuring out how to create a repository in the central repository. According to the symbian 9.1 documentation, CRepository::NewL() "Creates a CRepository object for accessing a repository. If there is no such repository, the function leaves with KErrNotFound."

This is indeed what happens to me now, I try to call NewL and I get KErrNotFound. So, if my repository does not exist how do I create it? The documentation does not seem to cover that...

Thanks very much!

Rich
    Hi,

CRepository::NewL() is used to create a CRepository object; it can't create a central repository.

A discussion in newlc forum implies that it is imporsible for 3rd-party developers to create new central repositories.

BR/Ziteng