Discussion Board

6310i wallet password problems

I don't know if this is an appropriate place to ask, but nevertheless... I have a problem with 6310i wallet password. When I switch phone off, then on, it forgets entered password. Old and null password results in 'Invalid password' message. It can be reset (and forget everything) with a *# combination, but it's not the way wallet should function.

Phone s/w version is 4.07 (17-04-02).

Does anybody knows if this 'feature' can be cured and how?

Thanks,
    Michael McAlcin,
    Moscow, Russia

RE: 6310i wallet password problems

Hi Michael,

I am afraid I can't help other than to say that the problem still exists on later versions of the firmware, at least on my 'phone, which has version "V 4.80/(11-07-02)/NPL-1/(c)NMP.".

I can add that I tried getting the newest version of the SIM card from my provider (Vodafone), as my old one was 7 years old. Apart from getting 200 phonebook entries instead of the old 100, there were no differences, at least as regards the wallet problem.

I also tried to disable the wallet password as soon as I had created it, but at next power up I was still prompted for a password, and the correct password was rejected. I have tried all password lengths from 4 to 10 characters, but with the same result for all.

I, too, would be most interested in finding the cure, because I would like to use the secure wallet but can't as it stands today.

Best regards,
    Peter Hugosson-Miller,
    Stockholm, Sweden.
    (pehu@im.se, hugge@netg.se)

Hi Peter,

since my original post I'm also upgraded to 4.80 and the problem still there.

But I found that the problem not needlessly connected with turning phone off. Sometimes it survive it, sometimes not.

Michael McAlcin,
    Moscow, Russia

I have the same problem - V 4.81 30-07-02 NPL-1 (c) NMP.
    It would be great if someone post a soluton of this problem (or may be we're doing something wrong).

Regards,
    Ivan Petrov
    Toronto, Canada

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded firmware to 5.22 (15-11-02) and it looks like the problem has been finally cured. Miracle!

At least all my usual operations do not result in 'forgetting' the password.

It's interesting that Nokia service center wasn't able to give me fix list for this release (is it a secret information?).

Michael McAlcin,
    Moscow, Russia