Discussion Board

BIO msg issue! BIO parser never evoke after receiving BIO msg by SMS

Hello,

First of all, I don’t really understand the mechanism of BIO messaging, because I could not find any working example or documentation that deals with Bio messaging. I tried BioExample, BioContorl and RemoteCam from forum nokia. Unfortunately none of them is working. There might be the issue of .bif and .rsc of BIF file. But I created myBio.rsc from the bio message resource file myBio.rss. RemoteCam complains at the installation process that the application is not compatible with the device (3650, 6600, 7610, 3230). Then I tried BioExample with Nokia 9500. I could send BIO msg and when I received sms to other device, it is recognized as BIO msg also. But the problem arises when I tried to open the BIO msg which is received via SMS bearer. It gives a message like “Problem opening message”. I guessed my BIO parser is never called. Because I put something to generate a test.txt file with some testing log in the constructor of my parser. It never generates that test.txt file and it made me sure that my parser is not evoked from BIF file (myBio.rsc).

My assumptions for BIO msg are as follows:

1. When a msg is received, it is recognized as BIO by myBio.rsc file.
    2. When the user opens the msg, myBio.rsc evokes the appropriate BIO parser that is defined in myBio.rss file (UID of bio parser).
    3. After parsing the msg, parser should set the parsed flag (TMsvEntry::iMtmData3 = 1) on the message.
    4. Then again myBio.rsc evoke the controller/application defined in myBio.rss file (UID of the own application).

I am assuming the BIO messaging should be working like above. I must be wrong in some point. I have the following questions:

1. How and when ParseL() and ProcessL() is called in BIO parser by symbian framework?
    2. How and when the application is evoked and how the app get to know about some information about BIO msg?
    3. Can a BIO msg evoked both a custom application and controller? If yes, then how it should be?

Any kind of suggestion will be appreciated. It would be also very helpful if you guys could advise me some good documentation or book regarding BIO messaging stuff?

My myBio.rss is exactly same as BioExample’s bioexamplebif.rss.

My .pkg file looks like as follows:

;
    ; Install file for BIOexample
    ;

; Languages -
    &EN

; Installation header
    ; Application UID
    #{"BIOexample v1.0"},(0x101F402A),1,0,0
    ;
    ;Supports Series 80 v 2.0
    (0x101F8ED2), 0, 0, 0, {"Series80ProductID"}

"..\..\..\epoc32\release\thumb\urel\bioexample.app"-"!:\system\apps\bioexample\bioexample.app"
    "..\..\..\epoc32\data\z\system\apps\bioexample\bioexample.rsc"-"!:\system\apps\bioexample\bioexample.rsc"
    "..\..\..\epoc32\release\thumb\urel\BIOPRS.DLL"-"!:\system\bif\BIOPRS.DLL"
    "bioexample.mbm"-"!:\system\bif\bioexample.mbm"
    "..\..\..\epoc32\data\z\system\apps\bioexample\mybio.rsc"-"!:\system\bif\mybio.rsc"

; Required files
    ; None

; Component .sis files
    ; None

Please note that I am working with Series 80 SDK 2.0 for Nokia 9500.

Re: BIO msg issue! BIO parser never evoke after receiving BIO msg by SMS

I have exactly same problem. My BIO msg parser does not recognize my BIO message, which I've created. The message is in the Inbox folder with correct uid and it's recognized as BIO message. When I open the message all I got is KERN-EXEC 3, something is null then.

-Sami-

Well, I managed to solve few part of bio messaging. My bio parser is evoked when the msg is opened by the user. Bio parser is alright now. But I don't understand something about evoking application from bio msg. I can start installed app in the device by bio msg (just add the uid of application in bio.rss "message_app_uid=0x101f5402a"). But in doc it says the application will receive the TMsvId of the bio msg by the method ProcessCommandParametersL(). How to retrieve the TMsvId from this method? The way it retrieves in BioExample application is not competible with series 80 SDK 2.0. It does not have any class "TEditorParameters" or whatever.

Somebody please explain how to get TMsvId in application that comes by ProcessCommandParametersL() method?

Finally I got my BIO parser working. The solution to this was quite simple. I had wrong MTM uid when creating BIO message. This is how it should be:

TMsvEntry newEntry;
    newEntry.iMtm = KUidBIOMessageTypeMtm;

and,

iMtm = iMtmReg->NewMtmL( KUidBIOMessageTypeMtm );

also, casting CBaseMtm to CBIOClientMtm is good idea.

UIDs needed in BIO message creation and parsing can be found from biouids.h. This is information MUST be in the SDK documentation in next releases!

-Sami Niinisalo-

Hi gorbag,

Could you tell me something about BIO parsing? I want to know how does ur bio parser works? Does your bio parser invoke as soon as you receive the bio msg or it invokes after you open it from INBOX. I am really very confused about this mater. Somebody is telling that the bio parser should invoke as soon as bio msg arrives. But mine, never invoke after receiving the msg. It only envokes when I open the msg from INBOX? Reply please!

Hello,

I am asking the attention of Nokia experts and anybody who knows about BIO messaging. Can anybody answer me just the basic question of BIO messaging?

When does BIO parser invoke?

As soon as bio msg arrives or when the user opens the msg. Hope to have an answer of this basic question.