Discussion Board

Hybrid View

prob in downloading jar file in 7650

hi all, i connect to my wap server and open an wml file and click on jad link.device (7650)ask for installing Midlet when i select yes then it says uable to connect to server error.i'm using iis server 5.0 and set the mime type for jad and jar.i don't know whr the prob is. is thr anyone can help me.

Regular Contributor

RE: prob in downloading jar file in 7650

Hello!

There are a few things that might restrict the limit of what size of MIDlets (and other downloadable files) can be downloaded over WAP to the Nokia 7650. First of all, Nokia 7650 supports SAR (Segmentation and Re-assembly) functionality. SAR is used to split large WTP messages into a number of smaller datagrams and selectively retransmit failed datagrams. To use SAR, it must be supported by both of the communicating parties: WAP gateway and WAP browser. So, if you have problems in downloading large files, you should check that the gateway you are using, supports SAR. Secondly, you should check how big flies the gateway lets through. Thirdly, SAR can not be used in Connectionless (temporary) mode and in that case the maximum data transfer size through WAP is appr. 30 KB.

Try downloading some small MIDlets and see if that works. Please check the things mentioned above and if you still have problems, let us know.

Kind regards,
    Satu/Forum Nokia Developer Support

Regular Contributor

RE: prob in downloading jar file in 7650

Hello!

Nokia Activ Server 2.1 supports SAR and enables downloading files up to 100 KB. This version should work well with Java downloads. You can download NACS 2.1 from Forum Nokia web site at http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/1,35452,1_1_40,00.html (free of charge for 30 days).

Kind regards,
    Satu/Forum Nokia Developer Support