×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Palghar, Mumbai
    Posts
    8

    Strange problem "java.lang.Error 105"

    I have a code which is working on Nokia Series 40, 6610/3100 without any problem. Now I ported it to Series 60 using NDS 3.0 and eclipse. It uses NokiaUI (FullCanvas) and works well on Nokia 3650, Nokia NGageQD and SE K700, SE Z1010, SE Z800...

    Now I tested it on Nokia 6600, and application gave error "java.lang.Error" with "105" as messege.

    I tried to trap the error and narrowed down to the one method on canvas class.

    Here is my partial code

    Code:
    >>>> File: MyCanvas.java
    
    abstract class MyCanvas extends FullCanvas implements Runnable....
    ....
    
    public final void run() {
    	try {
    	while(isThreadAlive) {
    		updateStatus();
    		repaint();
    		Thread.sleep(sleepInterval);
    		}
    	isThreadAlive = false;
    	}
    
    ....
    protected final void updateStatus() {
    	try {
    		update();
    		}
    	catch(Exception e) {
    		error = e.toString() + "Exc MyCanvas.update()";
    		}
    	catch(Error e) {
    		error = e.toString() + "Err MyCanvas.update()";
    		}
    	}
    
    ....
    protected abstract void update();
    }
    Now update method is given in my Canvas class which is sub-class of MyCanvas class.

    Code:
    >>>> File: AppCanvas.java
    
    public class AppCanvas extends MyCanvas {
    protected void update() {
    	try {
    		if(screen[bCurrentScreen] != null && screen[bCurrentScreen] instanceof GameScreenAdapter)
    			screen[bCurrentScreen].update();
    			}
    		catch(Exception e) {
    			error = e.toString()+"Exc AppCanvas.update()";
    		}
    		catch(Error e) {
    			error = e.toString()+"Err AppCanvas.update()";
    		}
    	}
    
    }
    When tested on Nokia handsets with symbian os 7.0 or higher, I get "java.lang.Error 105" while in MyCanvas.updateStatus()...

    All my code is MIDP 1.0 and CLDC 1.0 only.

    What may be the problem??
    Last edited by aadipa; 2005-10-21 at 11:58.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Palghar, Mumbai
    Posts
    8

    Re: Strange problem "java.lang.Error 105"

    I am still unsure what is causing these problem... so please reply.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1

    Re: Strange problem "java.lang.Error 105"

    This reply may be a little late, but I encountered a similar problem recently and found a solution - so I would be happy to share my findings.

    Try to modify the signature of the protected abstract void update(); method. Give it a dummy int argument or let it return an int.

    In my code i had two methods like protected abstract void name(byte arg);. Each time I tried to call them a java.lang.Error "105" or "106" occured. After changing the byte argument to int everything worked just fine.

    The problem only occured when I used Proguard to obfuscate my code. Without obfuscation the error never occured.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Palghar, Mumbai
    Posts
    8

    Re: Strange problem "java.lang.Error 105"

    Thanks, I will look for my that old code, and try again.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1

    Re: Strange problem "java.lang.Error 105"

    I just had this problem on an E60 and solved it by changing the proguard settings so that it did not include -overloadaggressively

    This was with a function: protected abstract void function(boolean b)
    The java.lang.Error 106 was thrown when trying to call the function from a super class. But only in some situations. Very odd.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10

    Re: Strange problem "java.lang.Error 105"

    I recently got java.lang.Error 106 on a Nokia 9500 Communicator, firmware version 4.51(00) RA-2.
    I don't know what is the cause but removing obfuscator from the build cycle made the error disappear.

    It would be nice to be able to put the obfuscator back.

    Kari

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10

    Re: Strange problem "java.lang.Error 105"

    Quote Originally Posted by kmaijala View Post
    I recently got java.lang.Error 106 on a Nokia 9500 Communicator, firmware version 4.51(00) RA-2.
    I don't know what is the cause but removing obfuscator from the build cycle made the error disappear.

    It would be nice to be able to put the obfuscator back.

    Kari
    I added the ProGuard option -useuniqueclassmembernames and it fixed the problem.
    I also use -dontusemixedcaseclassnames.

    Kari

Similar Threads

  1. strange problem !!!
    By metebalci in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2005-09-30, 08:41
  2. strange problem with editor box
    By venkatareddy in forum Symbian User Interface
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2005-03-19, 06:55
  3. strange problem
    By kurtrips in forum Symbian
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2004-08-20, 06:22
  4. Strange memory problem
    By bmcnicoll in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2004-03-08, 13:37
  5. Strange MMSC problem
    By jalonsoc in forum General Messaging
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2004-02-18, 15:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×