Discussion Board

Unhappy N90 screen resolution

I bought a N90 and the screen resolution is 352X416 which is double from normal s60 Nokia phone. And all the normal s60 Java game's screen become smaller.
    Is there anything I can do to make them normal like playing them in normal s60 phone ? I know SE K700i there is a feature to set the screen resolution even to 128 X 128.
    If N90 do not has such feature, is there any 3rd party sis can control the screen resolution ? or any development tool that can redevelope those game to fit to N90 screen ?
    Thank you

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: N90 screen resolution

Most old apps written for Series 60 phones with 176x208 resolution displays should automatically (at least those written with Series 60 SDKs) expand (every pixel becomes four to use the whole available 352x416 area).

There is no other feature to affect how applications behave.

If that's not happening, you need to to contact the developer for a new version of the application.

Newer applications written with SDKs supporting "Series 60 2nd Edition, Feature Pack 3" can, if the application developer wishes, support the full resolution.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am using Sun wtk 2.0 to developer the java game. So it does not automatically adjust the resolution. Does the Series 60 SDKs apply to symbian only or also can apply to J2ME ? If it does, how do i incoorperate it with sun wtk 2.0 ?

Nokia Developer Champion

Use the Nokia J2ME/MIDP SDKs for Series 60 to get the Nokia UI API support: http://forum.nokia.com/main/0,,034-483,00.html

I have install the series 60 J2ME SDK 2nd Edition fp3 under my wtk2.0 device folder. after I compile my game and put into my n90, it still show small on screen. What other step should I do to make it look bigger (use 4 pixel for each pixel in my game) ? Is there a special document for using Nokia UI for N90 screen ?

that mean we should wait for the new version of all the games .. its too bad i think there is some sort way to handle that resolution with any sis file or any program..

i think we should see that how to set the resolution of mobile rather to set the resolution of that game coz ts quit difficult.